Speculation on why now?

by Crazyguy 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

My idea, which is purely speculation, is that the org has always been about increase in numbers (publishers, increases, number of branches, lands, translations, placements etc.) and $$$ in the bank is one of the few numbers they can really push upwards today and feel they are also playing a central role different from past GBs.

Also, I suppose there are a lot of people around the org who are reasuring them they are doing the right thing.

• 88JM
    88JM

I did suspect it was maybe for legal reasons myself. During cases they fight in court, it seems judges can have assets frozen or have to put money aside at least, like they had to do with the Conti case. Maybe that scared them and they don't want to have their hands tied like that again?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No way... Warwick should be paid for many times over by now. Media sources show the project costing an estimated $11.5 million while they're raking in nearly $500 million from sales of Brooklyn properties.

You're missing the point.

Warwick will have a HUGE mortgage on it. The "new" WTS will own no free & clear assets in the US. There is nothing that says the $500million to $1billion in sales in Brookly have to be applied to Warwick.

Let's review: I happen to own a $1million house, but my mortage is $999,000. Do you think you'll find a lawyer to sue me for the $1000 in assets I happen to own? Not a chance. (Oh, BTW, my $1billion in real assets is hidden away in an offshore account in the Caymans. Your freaking lawyer can't touch it. Get a judgement against me and I just file bankrupcy. You and your lawyer can go F*** yourself.) Clear enough?

Doc

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Interesting, Doc. I see what you're saying.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Could not the assets have been moved to another corporation or trust with out having to sell them? It just seems to me that there's more to this money grab then portecting themselves from lawsuits and I don't think their to worried about a mass exodus, I mean after getting away with the overlapping generations explanation with only loosing a couple hundred thousand people after 1995 they must think they can say what ever they want now.

• Splash
    Splash

I'm wondering if there's already a huge debt that needs servicing.

Did they borrow to invest and it all went wrong over the last few years?

It just seems like too huge a money grab just for court cases etc.

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How about... it doesn't matter because the WTBTS is just one arm of the Global scam of Xianity?? If the WTBTS falls, another arm of Hydra will take it's place. The cycle will never stop until humanity as a group says," Enough is enough!!" In the meantime, SAVE YOURSELF!!!!

DD

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Keep in mind, though, that the WT supposedly wanted out of NYC after 9/11. So the sale of the NYC properties could be motivated by the desire to 'run for the hills' like the early Christians supposedly did before 70CE.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Putting assets where they can't be reached in a civil lawsuit is a lot harder than DOC seems to think. Lawyers are very good at locating assets that can be attached. Money in a bank in the Cayman islands doesn't do you much could if you can't take it out to spend it.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

People in general in many halls seem to have a lot less to give. Maybe donations really have dried up.

Lriddle, a workmate who started searching for "the truth" mentioned that one of the reasons he didn't consider us (I was still in and witnessing to him) to have the truth was that Johannes Greber was involved in our bible translation. I started searching away online after he brought that up. Granted, I had just heard about Candace Conti and had a lot of questions.

You never know what may pique someone's interest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit