I heard an interesting piece of information from a super-elder today

by Barrold Bonds 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

barrold Bonds: were the 2 final talks by the Co and bethel speaker graces by interludes of their WIVES? Iam asking wether its is the local Newly empowered COS flexing their muscles HERE or wether it is WT policy that has filtered into the double-ringed BELTWAY in ML, DC, VA.

Proclaimer: yeah, even jws do not know mostly what Russel REALLY believed about 1914 either.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

the 100th anniversary of god's kingdom

You think they would be embarrassed that the 100th anniversary of God's kingdom has passed and it has accomplished nothing, and no one knows anything about it.

You make a good point, sports events get these sorts of attendances every week. The international conventions are special to no one but themselves.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The planned attendance at Twickenham is not even that special - 50,000. It's capacity is 82,000. Of course I would imagine that one end of the stadium will be unused where it is behind the platform but even so it not's a massive number. Three days of sustained activity at the stadium is relatively unusual but all it means is lots of hassle for the locals. On a Bank Holiday weekend as well.

I am sure they will be soooo glad that their lives are being thrown in the air for three days just so a GB member can make some hubris filled statement that "a great shout of praise is being sent that Jehovah's peope are having their international convention in the back yard of Satan's organisaion in this glorious 100 year Kingdom anniversary season".

On that point, we had a video shown at our Thursday meeting last week imploring everyone to use public transport and, ideally, stay in hotels. They are laying on fleets of buses to take people to specific hotels and don't want people driving. They have assigned someone to go round and ask people how they are getting there. They are even saying they don't want people to use the Park At My House site to book driveways to park on. If you are driving home each night then you are basically going against theocratic counsel. Which is exactly what I will be doing...

• KateWild
    KateWild

They are even saying they don't want people to use the Park At My House site to book driveways to park on. - K99

LOL! I just checked out that site, the first address that came up was already booked for the assembly dates, just goes to show JWs will do what is best for them anyway if the Org becomes too controlling. Here in Liverpool we have a small venue, indoors. Liverpool Echo Arena. There will probably be around 6/7000 in attendance, with linked in video feed talks from London.

But happily we are out now, and won't be going.

Kate xx

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Erm... England is not one of the world's two biggest powers anymore. Hate to bust jw bubble! It just shows how clueless about the world they are. A big convention in China - now that would be something to gloat about.

• sir82
    sir82

here were god's people right in the back yard of the capitals of the two biggest world powers.

I'm confused - there are no international conventions this year in Beijing or Moscow.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sir82= Might just as well have them in Beijing or Moscow as they have got one in Detroit. Where would you want to take your chances.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Super-Elder deluded fool.

• blondie
    blondie

In the WTS lore, the UK and the US make up the "Anglo-American World Power" represented by the 2 headed horned beast of Revelation and is considered the 7th World Power of Daniel. I find it helpful to try and see the WTS thinking which is not rooted in reality but their world view.

*** w12 6/15 pp. 16-17 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***

ANGLO-AMERICA AND THE TWO-HORNED WILD BEAST

12 Though the Anglo-American World Power is a mixture of iron and clay, the visions that Jesus gave to John show that this power would continue to play a key role during the last days. How so? John saw a vision of a two-horned wild beast that spoke like a dragon. What does this strange beast represent? It has two horns, so it is a dual power. John is again seeing the Anglo-American World Power but in a special role.—Read Revelation 13:11-15.

13 This wild beast promotes the making of an image of the wild beast. John wrote that the image of the beast would appear, disappear, and then rise again. That is exactly what happened to an organization promoted by Britain and the United States, one that was intended to unite and represent the world’s kingdoms. This organization appeared after World War I and was known as the League of Nations. It disappeared with the onset of World War II. During that war, God’s people declared that according to the prophecy in Revelation, the image of the wild beast would ascend again. And rise it did—as the United Nations.—Rev. 17:8.

14 John described the image of the beast as “an eighth king.” In what sense? It is not depicted as an eighth head on the original wild beast. It is only an image of that beast. Any power it has comes from its member nations, especially from its key backer, the Anglo-American World Power. (Rev. 17:10, 11) But it does receive authority to act as a king to carry out a specific task, one that triggers a chain of events that will change history.

*** w12 9/15 pp. 6-7 par. 13 How This World Will Come to an End ***

A prophecy in the book of Daniel enables us to establish where we are in the stream of time. Daniel describes an image in human form made up of different metals. (Dan. 2:28, 31-33) It represents successive world powers that have had a major influence on God’s people, past and present. They are Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome—and the last, in our time, another world power. A study of Daniel’s prophecy shows that this final world power is depicted in the image as the feet and toes. During World War I, Britain and the United States forged a special partnership. Yes, the fifth part of Daniel’s image is the Anglo-American World Power. The feet form the last part of the image, indicating that no other human world power will appear on the scene. That the feet and toes are made up of iron and clay pictures the weakened state of the Anglo-American World Power.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

LOL! I just checked out that site, the first address that came up was already booked for the assembly dates, just goes to show JWs will do what is best for them anyway if the Org becomes too controlling

I wouldn't read too much into that Kate. The ParkAtMyHouse sites went within a few days of the orignal announcement of the assembly at Twickers months ago. The video regarding transport and what the F&DS would like us all to do was only presented last week.

Erm... England is not one of the world's two biggest powers anymore. Hate to bust jw bubble! It just shows how clueless about the world they are. A big convention in China - now that would be something to gloat about.

Sorry Julia but us limeys are still 50% of the the most important world power. It says so in my Revelation book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit