What happens to marriages upon the arrival of Armageddon?

by insearchoftruth 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

During the last CO visit, he said that since there will likely be enough persons resurrected to fill the earth. So males who pass through the Great Tribulation will slowy see their "members" shrink and fall away as they move towards perfection.

He said it will be a loving provision since it will reduce expenses by everyone being able to use the same restroom.

Rub a Dub

• vanyell
    vanyell

Given that 2014 seems to be a year of heightened activity for Jdubs... What is the probability of GB once more declaring that Armgeddon is near and the possibilty of R&F (especially those from Third World countries) swallowing it, hook line and sinker?

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for the quotes Blondie. I think there are more recent quotes but generally the JWs were told not to speculate on this things as God knows best and they would only have concerns about things if they overthought it.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What is the probability of GB once more declaring that Armgeddon is near and the possibilty of R&F (especially those from Third World countries) swallowing it, hook line and sinker?

Well, someone posted here recently that they heard that the GB believes the end really is coming within the next few years. Maybe that's because they are having money troubles and therefore Armageddon "must" come before they run out of money; or perhaps it's just the old "wanting to see the end of the world before you see your own personal end" kind of thing (I think it's the latter).

I don't see them ever setting another date, but of course they have a longstanding habit of dropping little hints that the end is near. But there's no question that if the GB said "The end is coming this year!" or "The end is coming on October 5!", that many JWs would buy into it 100%. They truly believe that the GB has mystical knowledge and that they drop hints about things based on that knowledge. For us, the line "Will this Memorial be our last?" was "tacky", as one member put it, but for many JWs, it was more like, "What do they know?! Are they telling us something?!"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I remember this sister's comment she made about her Deceased Elder husband. A sister told her to not worry, she will see her resurrected husband in the New System. She replied, "I don't care. I don't have to marry him again".

He was real pain to deal with.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Apognophos - "Well, someone posted here recently that they heard that the GB believes the end really is coming within the next few years. Maybe that's because they are having money troubles and therefore Armageddon "must" come before they run out of money; or perhaps it's just the old "wanting to see the end of the world before you see your own personal end" kind of thing (I think it's the latter)."

You're thinkin' that they're thinkin' the Big A is their last chance "get-out-of-the-shithouse-free" card, huh?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have heard so much speculation around this issue. Much of the speculation relates to the wishes and hopes of the individuals.

In the end all of it is nothing.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Well here is the Bible's response. 1 Cor, 7:12 But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord: If any brother has an unbelieving wife and she is agreeable to staying with him, let him not leave her; 13 and if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is agreeable to staying with her, let her not leave her husband. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctifiedin relation to his wife, andthe unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy So having an unbeleiving mate allows that one a free ticket to the new world.

But this is not the societys view unless I am incorrect....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard that scripture used by the Society.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

So what if a sister or brother heard another sister or brother say a GB member said the big A is in the next few years!!! I was born in 1954 into this cult and from the time I was old enough to understand the Wt. has been saying the Big A is very near, just around the corner, 1975, before 2000, in just a few years. They have been crying wolf from the beginining. Misleding 1000's of people into thinking the world is about to end. The truth of the matter is for most of those on the GB their end is in just a few years. It's called death from old age. It's good to talk about this but sometimes this just sickens me when I hear about it. It is one of those cult teaching that will most likely stay with me until I die. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit