What happens to marriages upon the arrival of Armageddon?

by insearchoftruth 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• clarity
    clarity

HeyThere ....strange??? No kidding!!!!haha

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I always thought that those who were married would stay married till at least the end of the thousand years and would be a minority group. The ratio of resurrected peopled to surviving witnesses about the same as witnesses to non witnesses today. At the end of a thousand years of marriage i think one would wish they had died and been resurrected and there would be all these interesting stories from the resurrected as to how they died and i dont have one like all those stories witnesses told of their lives in the world before they became witnesses. I could be wrong

however when i got married i thought in a very short time my wife was going to be a perfect 10.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

So I guess that if my wife wants to be with me in 'paradise TM " she would be best off if I pass soon because if the big A comes I am gone forever!!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I guess that means that if your wife becomes convinced that Armageddon is getting very close, you might want to start testing her coffee before drinking it.

• Listener
    Listener

*** w56 10/1 p. 604 par. 23 ‘He That Marries Not Does Better’ ***

Aside from marriage privileges, the “other sheep” surviving the battle of Armageddon will have untold privileges of service opened up to them by the resurrection of the dead, and these privileges will continue even after the purpose of marriage has been fulfilled and childbearing on earth ceases and husbands are relieved of the obligation to give their wives children.—Acts 24:15.

This sounds like Fred Franz's way of thinking

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks Listener, very interesting!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One of the weirder JWs I once knew speculated (even though that's a big no-no in Watchtowistan) that human beings wouldn't even have sex in the NS.

As I recall, that was the first time I started to wonder if the NS might not actually be all that, LOL...

Listener - "This sounds like Fred Franz's way of thinking"

Oh, totally.

Definately the thinking of a guy who spent his twilight years shuffling around Bethel, muttering to his shoes and wearing clothes Herb Tarleck wouldn't be caught dead in.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

according to JWs, only resurrected people will not be able to marry, children born in paradise will be able to marry.

Which means, for all intents and purposes, they will never be allowed to have sex for eternity. And of course no masturbation is allowed. I guess they'll just have more time to sit on the front porch and watch sheeps and leopards eating grass together.

Remind me not to sign up for that future!!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I always thought that those who were married would stay married till at least the end of the thousand years

I'm pretty sure that 500 years into this, most husbands would be wishing they had died in the big A

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well here is the Bible's response. 1 Cor, 7:12 But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord: If any brother has an unbelieving wife and she is agreeable to staying with him, let him not leave her; 13 and if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is agreeable to staying with her, let her not leave her husband. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctifiedin relation to his wife, andthe unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy So having an unbeleiving mate allows that one a free ticket to the new world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit