If you are thinking about "Stepping Down" you better do it QUICK!

by Comatose 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

@sparrowdow: correction, they don't have time to get to know poor, lowly nobody publishers, but they quickly learn the names of really "spiritual" brothers that can offer comfortable accommodations, gourmet meals, and Men's Warehouse gift certificates during their visits. I am certain that brothers of this caliber shant go unnoticed for, ahem, speedy appointments.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I find this 'new' arrangement odd to be called 'new'. When I handed in my resignation about 3 years ago the Bethel wrote back to the local BOE to tell them to wait until the CO came next, sure enough he spoke with me, I said what I needed to say without causing suspicion.

Why fear a CO? He's only another cult member, most are burnt out themselves.

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

just start wearing really tight pants. you'll be out by teatime

• Zoos
    Zoos

old guy + tight pants = please don't do it that way

Not even MY people want to see you do it that way.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The next time you're on the platform just make a short announcement saying that you're no longer serving as an elder, MS, whatever.

W

• stillin
    stillin

Here in the south of the USA, not being an elder would mean that he isn't a "good ol'boy" anymore.

I thank Jehovah every day that I never was one.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I agree with jgnat.

Just don't do the work or show up. What will they do, give you a pay cut?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Maybe it's just me...but I'm thinking telling a different person you're stepping down...big whoop. The authority the CO has is a religious belief. If a person no longer holds those beliefs, then it really doesn't matter if you have to deal with someone who's achieved 1 additional Thetan level. But then again, I suppose someone who's at the point of stepping down may not have purged these myths from his head yet.

• Heaven
    Heaven

rebel8 said: If a person no longer holds those beliefs, then it really doesn't matter if you have to deal with someone who's achieved 1 additional Thetan level.

rebel, this made me LOL! Thank you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Start donating zero. Do as little as possible in field circus, and explain that you cannot force people to do field circus if they don't feel like being out. And, start dogging your assignments. A few bad talks, a few "errors" in which songs are played, a few talks running undertime, and pretty soon they will think twice. Especially if you start dogging field circus--nothing like 2 or 3 hours a month with zero return visits to make them question you. And start wearing suits in "inappropriate" colors. And I do not mean merely colors like bright red or orange, with a yellow dress shirt. I mean wearing a neon orange suit with a fuchsia shirt and a teal tie. Let your beard grow. Let your hair get a bit too long, or shave it to within 1 cm. Start talking about "While it is important to do our share in the ministry, doing too much is bad. You will burn out. Better to do a more reasonable amount and sustain it than going all out and burning out within a year."

Not to mention, not getting appointed in the first place. Obviously, not doing the Dirty Thirty is important. If your field circus time is low, or you continually dog assignments and wear blatantly inappropriate suit colors (again, I mean things like wearing a teal shirt with a magenta or fuchsia suit and hot orange tie). Or better, jeans and a T-shirt and no tie. Chances are pretty lousy of getting appointed, especially if you show up with the hounder-hounder visit and wear your jeans and T-shirt (or show up about 15 minutes late on purpose).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit