If you are thinking about "Stepping Down" you better do it QUICK!

by Comatose 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The latest BOE letter makes it very clear. New rules are coming down the pike.

The Circuit Overseer is now responsible for the individuals on the elder body. He has to power to appoint or delete. No guidance from the 'holy spirit' here folks!

Elders will begin to feel even more pressure to conform to uniformity.

The noose is tightening.

ginger

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Zoos - I think we all agree with that! But it would definitely work...lol

• metatron
    metatron

One thing ought to be clear - being an elder is going to suck more than ever.

Demanding itinerant inspectors, no room for creative input, being forced to hound the congregation for donation pledges and more guys quiting -leaving fewer elders to run the show.

Oh, it's gonna be fun.

metatron

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

As I stepped down I wrote a letter with my doubts to the COBE and that I want to resign. They tried to change my mind, as I did a lot of work and if I resigned they would have to do it.

As the CO came a few weeks later, he talked about 1 hour with me about my doubts and resignation and he had to accept it.

After that talk I went outside, breathed deeply and felt so happy as a huge wheight was off my chest.

I think that new arrangement is not such a big change. Before it was the CO who wrote to tge branch that brother xx should be appointed as elder. Now he probably can do that just without waiting for the branch or governing body nodding their heads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit