If you are thinking about "Stepping Down" you better do it QUICK!

by Comatose 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

The new arrangement for CO's to handle deletions (and appointments) means you no longer will be able to give your friends on the body an excuse and step down. You will have to answer to the CO and most likely have a long uncomfortable chat about everything with him in order to step down.

So if you have been thinking about stepping down, you need to do it quick before the new arrangement.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Awww, there's a much easier way to step down from a volunteer position. Stop showing up.

• Laika
    Laika

Put no more than 3 hours service a month on your report and most COs will have you off within a year. Simples.

• jw07
    jw07

Nothing to be afraid of, it may provide an opportunity to talk TTATT with your CO.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

yea, and be disfellowshipped in a millisecond.

• blondie
    blondie

So right now the CO has no part to play in the appointment or deletion of an elder? He isn't included in the discussion at all?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That's fine....I want out of my "position" anyway!

So if I just dont volunteer to work with the CO, or have them over for a meal, or bow at his feet...then that will be the outcome?

Cool!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

As far as I know the CO leaves everything up BOE to decide and he will just sign off on it.

If CO is conscientious he might ask some questions but mainly it's a congregation matter

they prefer to not get involved with unless absolutely necessary.

Branch has been the same. Let's the shit go down, the forms are sent in, and they just rubber-stamp them. No help there either.

• blondie
    blondie

So what will be the process when it changes....will the BOE have to wait until the CO comes to review the qualifications of the potential elders? Or the lack thereof of those to be deleted? Or will it still be, Brother CO, this is what we think, sign here?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It will be interesting to see if these changes actually change anything. The CO will still need elder input re the qualifications of individual elders.

Most CO's don't have time to get to know any individual bro's well enough to yay or nay them with any degree of certainty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit