FORGIVENESS ... You owe it to your health

by ABibleStudent 75 Replies latest social physical

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALSO, all the advice about forgiveness is generally referring to somebody forgiving a PERSON who has wronged them in their life.

However, what if the entity/religion/organization or whatever else you may call it is still hurting people and attracting new ones?

It might be easier for somebody (mentally) to conceive of forgiving a person who has wronged them knowing that this person has a limited life and will die at some point. However, the story is a little different when you are referring to a faceless ever-changing religion/organization/whatever that has a very long life span and still going strong.

I think this is why many ex-JWs have an anger that doesn't go away. In many instances, the person(s) within this entity have passed away and there is no closure for them.

The issue of "forgiveness" is complicated when you are referring to a (still active) large entity/institution rather than a person.

• Laika
    Laika

I think Robert is a valuable member here, Jgnat's never been a JW either but who would dare to claim she doesn't get it?

We've all been hurt by someone after all.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

can you be more specific what you feel is wrong with advice that I give?....Abiblestudent

This thread is a good example of you giving Bad Advice..

Forgive?!..LOL!!..

The WBT$ is a Machine that chews people up and spits them out..

They`ll use your family and friends to do it..

Familys are Destroyed,Peoples Lives are Ruined,People Die, and You write a Thread about Forgiveness??!!..LOL!!

Until it stops,there can be No Forgiveness..Your Advice is Absurd..

What would you Know about Fading?!..

What would you know about getting out of the WBT$??!!..You`ve never been a JW..LOL!!..

Reading Hassan is fine but your a friggin spam machine when it come to Hassan..

You handing out someone elses advice..

You have no Real Life Advice to give as a JW,because you`ve never been a JW..

Your Losing a JW girlfriend doesn`t even come close to what we`ve had to endure at the hands of the WBT$..

You can only Fake Being Knowledgeable for so long,before your going to Get Called on it..

I guess today was your Lucky Day..LOL!!..

................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think Robert is a valuable member here, Jgnat's never been a JW either but who would dare to claim she doesn't get it?.....Laika

My post has nothing to do with Roberts membership here..

It`s about giving advice to people,about a life he`s never lived..

Jgnat has a JW Husband..

She is "smack dab" in the middle of WatchTower World..

She knows 1st hand what life is like there..She has 1st hand experience..

Jgnat and Robert are not comparable..

............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So what if you had spent five years in a concentration camp.

Been sexually abused your entire childhood.

Or forcibly conscripted to fight for your country.

Shit happens.

We can't do anything about most of it.

What Robert is saying, I think, is that do we want to be eaten up with bitterness our whole lives and spend hours every day thinking about something we can't change, until we are too old to enjoy ... anything?

• Laika
    Laika

Outlaw, I like you but I think you're being unnecessarily harsh here, lots of ExJWs have wrote about the importance of forgiveness, and there's no shame in sharing Hassan's wisdom, a lot of people here have never read him after all.

Don't worry however, I'm sure Robert will forgive you.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I started this thread to hopefully help people to see how anger and hatred can affect their health and lives. By forgiving injuries that one feels were inflicted on them in the past (or moving on from them, if you prefer), it may help someone heal and live a happier and healthier life. If this thread has done nothing more than increased awareness of someone's feelings and how it may affect their health and happiness, then this thread IMHO has had a positive effect on people. It is up to individuals to choose what they do with that knowledge.

As others have already written, organizations are not individuals and therefore cannot be forgiven. Although I might forgive leaders of dangerous cults like the WTBTS, I would never trust those leaders to behave any differently than as a dangerous cult.

OUTLAW has stated his opinion and I disagree with him. He has not hurt nor injured me, therefore there is no reason to forgive him for anything.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cofty
    cofty

I'm wondering what we mean by "forgive".

Perhaps that's another thread.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, I like you but I think you're being unnecessarily harsh here, lots of ExJWs have wrote about the importance of forgiveness, and there's no shame in sharing Hassan's wisdom, a lot of people here have never read him after all.

Don't worry however, I'm sure Robert will forgive you. .....Laika

LOL!!@Laika!!..

You made me chuckle..LOL!!..

Theres Nothing To Forgive,everything I said was truthful..

Any ex JW who thinks there can be forgiveness when it comes to the WBT$,is wrong..

There can be No Forgiveness when it comes to the WBT$..

It systematicly ruins peoples lives,sometimes it Kills them..

There can be No Forgiveness to JW`s who purposely cause harm and continue to do so..

What is happening in WBT$ World is Absolutely Evil..

It can`t be Forgiven..

.................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

cofty - I'm wondering what we mean by "forgive".

Perhaps that's another thread.

Hi cofty, Please post your thoughts to this thread if you like, or start another thread and post a link to it in this thread.

I enjoy respectful and interesting conversations that make me examine my values and beliefs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit