I went to one of my previous halls remodel today and they did not recognize me...

by confusedandalone 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

He may love me... but I dont have the desire to even dwell on it. Because of watchtower we were never close as a family and we were kept from all worldly relatives. It was a lonely life. After leaving I have been embraced by many people who like me. I had to seriously think wether the headache of dealing with them and all the drama of jw life is worth it.

My answer is no. In the 22 years I lived with them on and off we did not talk... we never had vacations... nothing. I have no real memories. Now they are close to death and they are bringing stress. That is unnecessary for me to bother with.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Kare... very true.

My dad at 75 is soo sick. On 9 meds he cant afford an elder and he is up to his chin in bills.

Constantly stressed. I am surprised he isnt already dead from the pressure. My mom is even worse off.

At this point I no longer really concern myself with most watchtower stuff or their lives. It just isnt productive

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Confused...thanks for sharing. Sorry your family has remained deceived but kudos to you for saving yourself.

What a sad, pathetic way to treat people.

(((hugs)))

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

CAA said ," Because of watchtower we were never close as a family and we were kept from all worldly relatives. It was a lonely life." YEP!! I hear ya! The WTBTS motto is " Faction before blood!!" It's hard to be close with someone who believes that they must love "sky-daddy" more than their own children. "Wordly" relatives are "bad", so you never get close to them either. You wake up one day and realize that without JWs, you are alone. You either break that barrier down and make other friends, or you are alone.

I am a few years older than you, but not much. You have a lot of time to change your life. Just take calculated steps, even if they are small ones. Time moves one way, you can waste it, or pull yourself up by your boot-straps and get moving. It's your choice.

DD

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Well, at least you can laugh about it.

Isn't awful how the Watchtard has divided families??

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Yeah Data, since leaving I am doing EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED TO DO. There is no shame involved in school, buying nice things, going places, etc...

I have recently got in touch with worldly family and we already have things planned for the summer. I have 13 uncles and aunts on my dads side. about 84 cousins I have never even seen or heard of. I am slowly getting to know them. It is weird, but fun.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

what a bunch of morons......

Sorry to hear that a fellow human being had to be treated like this in 2014 in a western civilisation. It is like jumping back 500 years in time...

"HE'S AN APOSTATE"

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I imagine they put the tour guide through some heavy debriefing. "What did the apostate say to you, He might have given you some coded info that will come out later"

NJY

• tiki
    tiki

you gotta admit - it's pretty pathetic to have to run in fright from someone you were just talking to............it is really sad - they are so messed up in the head...........

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When did the JW's become such unbelievable wimps about their faith ? I left a good few years back true, but we would never scamper away from someone who was "apostate", we had no such fear, we had the Truth, (or so we thought), why should we fear any lies they may tell us ?

Lies cannot withstand the truth.

Apostasy was not seen by me or my contempories as a disease you could catch.

I used to go toe to toe with born-agains, with Cof E Vicars, Baptist Ministers etc, a mere ex-JW held no fear for me. My Elder friend used to chew the fat for hours with "apostate" EX-jw's, I felt it was more his place than mine, I was not an Elder after all, but I never flinched when dealing with someone who I now know, knew what we now do. ( I just wish now I had listened properly to them !!!).

They really have become pathetic and weak-minded,the R&F JW's, and controlled by the propaganda from the G.B.

Their faith is the flimsiest and weakest of all religions it seems to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit