loesch likes C of C

by bigmac 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think jgnat was referring to fulano's use of past tense because he said "will remember him". However, he in fact used the present tense in that sentence because he said that "most people who know Losch will remember him...".

• Magnum
    Magnum

Apognophos - Oh, OK.

• fulano
    fulano

I worked during my missionary-service for a year in Brooklyn and Patterson, and lived in the same building as Lösch, The Bossert, the beautiful renovated hotel. I have met him several times in the library and had some conversations with him (half german half english), and he was very kind and interested in the missionary work. As I was the homeoverseer of the missionary-home in my assignment I invited hime to come over for a week or so on the island we served.

Then I mentioned the name of a german couple that lived with us and he was in the same Gilead class as that german brother. He really went there a couple of months after I had to leave for another assignment. We also met some times in the local liquor store in Montaguestraat where he used to buy botles of wine without shame or hipocresy, other bethelites would go to other stores in Brooklyn...or maybe because it was cheaper there :).

So I can't have a bad impression of him, the same as Jack Barr, he was in my congregation and offered inmediatly his own room in Patterson when I told him we had to go there, "nicer than the guest-rooms" , he said.

Ray Franz, I never met him but have first-hand stories from older missionaries who worked with him.

One told me at the time he was a district-overseer in Puerto Rico and that missionary took him to bible-studies, he just let the missionary go into the house and told him it was to hot to get out, "you do your study and I will read the newspaper",... in the car with the A/C on. So what kind of person does that? There are many more things about him that's why I hate the almost adoring style the way some ex jw's talk about him or taking nicknames as Ray Franz or Frantz, no offence but are you not getting from one cult to another?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It's not so much about poking fun at him as an individual. I'm sure there are nice things about Lösch as well as dislikable things about Franz. We're all a mix of good and bad.

He is, however, a figure in a position of high authority over several million people and, along with his close colleagues, is responsible for manipulating* and being, shall we say, less than honest with them on certain matters. As with any figures of authority (governmental, corporate, religious) who are party to hypocrisy and promoting untruths, he is fair game for parodying.

Nevertheless, if it was somebody I knew and liked personally who was being lampooned, I would probably be defensive too.

---

* E.g. likening going on to Higher Education to putting a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger - the person might survive the gunshot and the person might survive College but neither course of action can be recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hmmm. Loesch continues to preside over an evil cult, even after peeking behind the curtain for more than two decades. I can only go by the actions of the WT as a whole, which continues to ban blood in lifesaving situations, and rip families limb from limb simply because they can.

Franz tries to reform the mess, and gets kicked out for his efforts. He goes on to expose the cult for what it is without bitterness, freeing hundreds of thousands from its clutches.

Loesch is a dick, Franz is a hero.

• bigmac
    bigmac

well--if you didnt like my 1st piccy of dear bro loesch----your gonna just HATE this

!

• fulano
    fulano

I don't blame you lack of knowledge and education is a disadvantage anywhere.

• Watkins
    Watkins

One told me at the time he was a district-overseer in Puerto Rico and that missionary took him to bible-studies, he just let the missionary go into the house and told him it was to hot to get out, "you do your study and I will read the newspaper",... in the car with the A/C on. So what kind of person does that? There are many more things about him that's why I hate the almost adoring style the way some ex jw's talk about him or taking nicknames as Ray Franz or Frantz, no offence but are you not getting from one cult to another?

Judging a person from someone else's experience - is that the right thing for Christians to do?

Ray Franz is a frikkin' hero, imo! Everyone has off days for heaven's sake. I always speak well of my mother, but everyone knows she's had her not-so-nice moments. It doesn't take a cultist mentality to understand the difference.

So IF Ray Franz had started his own legalistic, authoritarian religion of which we were all dues-paying members, then yes, it would be like "getting from one cult to another".

But he DIDN'T. So, NO, it's NOT the same thing AT ALL.

duh.

w~

w~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit