How many here (believers) believe in the Hell fire doctrine and why??

by jam 154 Replies latest jw friends

• UBM101
    UBM101

I do

• UBM101
    UBM101

And I don't understand why some people get offended and jumpy about that when it is just a belief. Everyone is entitled to their belief, even if someone believe in hell fire it won't change a thing if the belief is untrue. Why is it everytime a Christian, muslim etc etc.. say something it will offend the athiests? Do they actually has the fear that what they say might be true deep down inside? Otherwise why do they have to react in such a way as some has in this forum?

• UBM101
    UBM101

Would I get the response if I posted here that I belief that pigs can fly?

• UBM101
    UBM101

*the same response if....

• galaxie
    galaxie

Ubm the belief that pigs can fly was never a fundemental christian belief,

Burning in hellfire eternal torment is still taught and believed

Non believers and believers alike are surely entitled to comment comment on any topic?

It is after all an open forum

Best wishes

• designs
    designs

Does your belief in heaven-hell-nothing affect your happiness.

Westboro Baptist folk seemed like a not to happy group.

• cofty
    cofty

Sarah - Yes you did advocate belief in eternal conscious torment for Hitler.

Hopefully there will be tormenting day and night. - Sarahsmile

So my question remains - what other sorts of people are sent to hell by your loving god?

• designs
    designs

In many Christian's minds Jesus is somehow better-nicer than the God of the OT- yet Jesus was the one who threatens people with eternal hell, Matthew 25:46.

Strange isn't it.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Why is it everytime a Christian, muslim etc etc.. say something it will offend the athiests?

Nothing Christians or Muslims say 'offends' the average atheist - unlike of course the Christians and Muslims who can get whipped up into a murderous frenzy when their cherished prophet is ridiculed by an atheist.

As regards hell, I was seriously offended by that slanderous teaching when I was a Christian, now that I no longer believe it doesn't offend me in the slightest, and nor does anything else a believer has to say.

• designs
    designs

Modern humans should be offended by ideas such as hell. Humans, religious types, had the sending of- unbelievers, apostates, heretics, those of a different denomination- to hell a crowning achievement in their faith and devotion to their god.

We won't see it in our lifetime but some future generations will live religion free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit