How many here (believers) believe in the Hell fire doctrine and why??

by jam 154 Replies latest jw friends

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Cofty said, "I find it very disturbing that christians like Sarahsmile can be so carefree about the prospect of billions of humans suffering unimaginable torment every minute of every day for all eternity."

I did not state anything like that!

No I will not forget people like Hitler!

Cofty said,"How can you worship and adore a deity that would torture billions of ordinary people for all eternity for simply rejecting your superstitious."

But I never said that my God was like this or Jesus,YOU are making this claim all by yourself.

I say Jesus healed and performed miracles! I love YHWH and Jesus! Jesus has bigger plan for salvation.

Take care! It is a moot point.

Jam I do not believe how these other churches believe and I got my own personal take on it!

Wish you the best with family members in different religions. It must be interesting at get togethers!

• cofty
    cofty

So what sort of people go to hell according to your god sarah?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Cofty your an Atheist right?

I am a Christian!

Wish you the best! I will always be a follower of Jesus! :-)

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Jam posted scriptures, but they are not of hell. The lake of fire is not hell since hell gets thrown into the lake of fire.

Basing one's beliefs off of scripture is bad.

Why do people focus on Hitler? did he acturally kill anyone? throw anyone into a furnace? He just gave orders. People could have ignored them or shot Hitler.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Even as a child I was never able to wrap my brain around the concept of "hell". Eternal punishment doesn't make any sense...and neither does a god who would invent or participate in it.

Also, for those who do believe it's real...where do you believe it to be? The only answer I've heard was this: There are more volcanoes erupting because god is making hell bigger for more sinners."

Love is a better belief system than any religion...and much less weird.

(((hugs))) to all

• cofty
    cofty

Sarah. I asked you a serious and sincere question. This is a religious discussion forum - you should expect to discuss religious things.

You said you were fine about the idea of eternal torment, so I am asking you what sort of people your god sends to this hell.

You seem certain that Hitler will burn forever and ever. Anybody else?

• galaxie
    galaxie

Sarahsmile;..I hope as a prson you understand and can feel compassion and love, perhaps you have revised your thinking concerning the hideous concept of eternal torture in hellfire.

Perhaps this is why you have not responded to Cofty. I hope so.

Love and human kindness to you.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

It is not worth defending my self on something I did not write! If people like Cofty intents to twist what I wrote why should I reply.

Cofty wrote:

You said you were fine about the idea of eternal torment, so I am asking you what sort of people your god sends to this hell.

You seem certain that Hitler will burn forever and ever. Anybody else?

Please re post where I wrote the above so I understand where YOU are coming from?

I never wrote any of that!

Where did I write burning forever and ever! or eternal torment! Never wrote anything about hell fire.

It is moot!

I just think that religions do not fully understand Revelations! But it does say there will be a lake of fire!

I wrote eternal hell but I did not state eternal torment! I doubt there such a thing as eternal torment in the bible!

Gee nice to see others know I am here! Thanks for noticing me!

Galixie Thanks for your post. I really want to leave judging up to Jesus. I have faith that all will be healed and given another chance! But it gets hard to believe that people like Hitler will be resurrected. This is why Jesus is the only one giving power over dead and living! No other human has that right obvious if I want to send Hitler to eternal hell! The ba@tard is already dead!

I believe the bible mentions that Satan and his angels will be thrown into the lake of fire. Big list of ones who will be thrown in there as well false prophet.

Lake of fire is symbolic! Fire could mean cleansing!

I doubt very much that it is hot place and what Jam's relatives believe! It symbolism.

Not worth discussion with non Christians.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Ok I did write Hitler tormented day and night! Hey that is why it is left to Jesus.

I just do not think he should have a fluffy pillow to rest his head until he gets resurrected!

Compassion for Hitler! Yeah ok leave it to Jesus to decide his eternal fate!

• kaik
    kaik

I always wonder on this, especially after I was reading Dante's Inferno and was fascinated in medieval view of afterlife. Jews do not have fixed answer on this; I had asked rabbi what was his view on it and there is no universal agreement about it. Some people believe that hell is a voluntary separation of individiual from the G-d, opposite of light and happiness. Others believe that Gehenna is a place were souls go there after death for purification. Only rightious people can ascent to Heaven. However, some people will stay in Gehenna forever, because their soul cannot be clensed. I will ask my jewish in-laws which option in Judaism they believe.

I personally think the eternal punishment is unjust and terrible thing to do. Think about all the hardship on Earth and as a payback is eternity in hell equally from A. Hitler to atheist who never hurt anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit