How many here (believers) believe in the Hell fire doctrine and why??

by jam 154 Replies latest jw friends

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

What if Hell Is similar to the world in which we live right now? Just a thought..

In Relity I think that the Book of Revelation is the most Manipulated and unreliable book in the Bible, so mkst of what it says I don't take serious or at face Value.

Many people agree that Revation was written in Hebrew, but later Destroyed and Reaced by the Greek Versions.

with this in mind ita absurd to base your understanding of after life on 3-4 scriptures.

If you want to understand the lake of fire better, take. Look at the book of Enoch.

• jam
    jam

Chalam: I'm speechless. Do you really believe the things you wrote

to be true about a loving God??? The atrocities that Hitler performed,

history states he was a mad man, a sick individual but far more madness

by the Divine One. The Divine One atrocities are loving for the benefit of

mankind....I can not reconcile that in my mind.

Was it loving on God's part to wipe out 99.999% of the earth population in

the flood if you believe in the flood. What was accomplished by that Divine plan???

We still have evildoers and evil animals....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There is no literal hell.

But it can be a state of mind.

If you have ever been in a situation where someone you love refuses to forgive you for a mistake,

even one you deeply regret, that can feel like eternal torment.

And many religions do that to people while they are still alive.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Where the hell is hell? If its a literal place I want to visit and like god , watch those miserable , wicked, contemptuous nasty , horrible aithiest sinners ...BURN . I wonder if god will let me wear ear defenders to lessen the audible screams of agony as they beg god to help and forgive them for not recognising what a loving god he really is HA HA I SAY LET THEM ROAST!!!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I actually believe in "The hell" and "the eternal fire", not solely because it sounds better then the "Armageddon" and not because even the New Word Translation uses the word "eternal fire" in the Gospels and the whole christian scriptures, but because Lord Jesus said it:

Matthew 18:8 (NWT 2013 Rev.): If, then, your hand or your foot makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you.+It is better for you to enter into life maimed or lame than to be thrown with two hands or two feet into the everlasting fire.

Matthew 25:41: “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me,+ you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire+ prepared for the Devil and his angels. (NWT 2013 Rev.)

Jude 7 (NWT 2013) " In the same manner, Sod′om and Go·mor′rah and the cities around them also gave themselves over to gross sexual immorality* and pursued unnatural fleshly desires;+ they are placed before us as a warning example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.

Later more....
    when will the armageddong teaching (a heresy) again replaced by the good old hell fire?

It has been the original christian teaching since Jesus Christ,

It is part of my catolic creed.

I believe in it.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

• cofty
    cofty

You have gone from allowing one wicked cult to make your moral decisions for you to allowing a different wicked religion to do so.

Take responsibility. You are approving of the ultimate wickedness. Thats your decision, dont blame your spiritual masters.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I cannot reconcile a God of love with a literal hell. I have Pain issues, some days it's very bad, I would not wish even one hour of this on anyone, no matter how wicked, yet some believe that God will do this for eternity, because a person was born in the wrong country, so worshipped another God, or chose the wrong flavor of Christianity or simply didn't find the evidence for God compelling or believable. Really? An eternity of pain? For being wrong, for betting on the wrong horse? It makes no sense, except that it makes you sleep better at night.

• Chalam
  • Laika
    Laika

Ha! I like the juxtaposition between 'you are going to burn' and 'all the best'

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Most Christians believe Hell is eternal seperation from God...in many ways, that is similar to JW's in belief. The concept of a literal burning Hell is becoming a minority understanding of the very fundamental sects. Even if a person refers to Hellfire, I seriously doubt that most actually believe in a literal fire and brimstone place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit