THE GRAND APOSTATE "WALKOUT" - January 1, 2015

by RagingBull 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

RB, why not spearhead a movement for a mass Jan 1, 1915 exodus...based on the info in your OP...and more.

Post your "95 theses" on all the anti-WT sites and channels that will support your efforts.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ Rebel8,, Mmm AGM is on oct 5 2014.

That'll knock the attendance figure around.

jtg

• Scully
    Scully

If setting a date (a goal, basically) works for you, then more power to you.

Mr Scully and I set a date of January 1, 1995 as our official "walk out" date. Apart from a relative's wedding later that year, I haven't set foot inside a KH since then.

It felt positively *delicious* shopping for Christmas decorations during Boxing Week in 1994. A few months later, I was online connecting with former JWs. It's hard to believe we're coming up on 20 years with that anniversary.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Thanks for the well wishes!

For those who say "WHY WAIT?" or think that I'm "WHIMPING OUT" or something. Maybe I should give you more background.

Why 2014? Because from what a COBE (that had dealings with a GB member who is now deceased) told me recently, the WTBTS is DISAPPOINTED in the LACK OF SUPPORT for the upcoming INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION. Why so disappointed? - BECAUSE THIS IS THE 100th YEAR of CHRIST'S RULE, OUR KING. - his mentioning 1914 sparked my imagination a bit. "There's been situations where ELDERS have accepted their congregation members not going to the I.C. to attend one closer to their home (gas prices and all)"... the WT does not care about that, they don't care about you sweating in the sun or spending your $$$.. they want to make a BIG SHOW of it. It's like flaunting power, showing the USA that the WT is a bonafied powerful religion...not a whimpy cult or sect. They want people to be IMPRESSED. Overseas...they may be impressed, but (these are words used coming up...) "HOW WOULD IT LOOK IF WE DON'T GET FULL SUPPORT IN OUR OWN COUNTRY?" - meaning the BORG started in America... Governing Body, Brooklyn NY.... what will THE WORLD think if they see that even the US JWs are not loyal?

Why not leave sooner? --- My 1st emotion when I began learning TTATT was irrational, I was going to quit it all together in one day, the reason why? SILENTLAMBS.com (I hate pedos I'll just say that much) and JWFACTS helped me too. Also I care for my children and wife. If I were a single guy with little responsibility or care in the world - I may have left only after a few months...just so I could go crazy and do all that I dream. But this is something I decided to do rationally...calculating time, money, and opportunity to bring me to the perfect EXIT. But I can be a patient asshole and so I wanted to get this new BIBLE, see the reactions...listen for any new strange teachings (I got it all). And now I will experience my first and last Internation Convention in 2014. Cannot wait!

Whimping out? - mmmm, hardly. MOST of my family are "WORLDLY" siblings, cousins, friends, etc. So it's not like I wouldn't have a support system. But I just wanted to be sure of the EVIDENCE...how does it stack? How can I share bits or ask questions to and around my family to get them thinking in hopes that maybe they'll awake? How can I know and explain it to others? I wanted so much EVIDENCE and PROOF to pile on the WT (should elders or any JW friends ask) that they would be buried to oblivion beneath it all. ---- WE NOW HAVE THAT EVIDENCE and the WT KNOWS THAT WE DO! the GB are angry that they are losing their grip on members FAST. That is why so many changes are happening. That is why for 4 years each Assembly and Convention has at least 15mins dedicated to fearing "apostates". They are evolving to survive in the age of information.

I thought of getting the numerous documents, and printouts and links prepared for a JC HEARING - but there are enough of those on YOUTUBE right? Show them the UN stuff, the fact that you have Letters to BOEs (they know there's leaks), the Shepherd The Flock book,...We all know how it goes..."So, let me ask...Do you NOT believe that the Governing Body is the sole channel used by God to direct his EARTHLY ORGANIZATION???..." basically saying "fu(k your questions, are you loyal to our publishing company?"

Let me save them the trouble. LOL Many of our YOUTUBE exJWs are moving on. The web is full of EVIDENCE. But I never get tired of stories and experiences from exJWs.

I thought of FADING...that's a bit harder to do when a handful of people in almost every congregation in your district knows you and your family and in-laws.

I feel fully CONFIDENT and COMFORTABLE in just quitting SUDDENLY. Personally I feel this will have the biggest impact. I am not hateful or BITTER anymore toward ANY JW, because I know the WHYs for what they do. I will live happily and will SHUN any negativity brought to me BY THEM. I hope that my quitting will make people question WHY they are remaining in it, or to at least spark their journey into doing some RESEARCH to find out WHY SO MANY, who put in SO MUCH TIME and EFFORT are LEAVING in DROVES.

LUCKILY, i have personal APOSTATE friends and it is awesome sharing this experience with them. FINDING OUT ABOUT THEM, actually made me feel better about doing my own research. It was an "Oh shit! You too!??" moment for me! LOL It feels good to know you're not the only that sees something is wrong.

When I'm gone - I want others to think to themselves and smile saying "I KNEW IT! That's why he never reached out? That's why he was so friendly." and I can't wait to see how many learning "TTATT" reach out to me in private after they hear I'm gone!

2014 YEAR TEXT - "LET YOUR KINGDOM COME" 2015 YEAR TEXT?? --- will anyone really care? (in or out) .... funny- out around here the TEXT isn't even displayed on the platform - that's the WT not wanting to be called "false prophets" ;)

It's not about a date to me....I could leave now, but most would speculate "something happened!"..."Maybe it was adultery!"... it's about me basically saying "Fuck your GB and your 100yrs of bullshit! I walked thru that shit and said Happy New Year on 1/1/15 big deal! And you can keep the publisher card too, thank you!" all out of the clear blue.

• Listener
    Listener

Just wondering, ragingbull, how you deal with 'spiritual' discussions at the moment, it must be hard to play the game?

• fiddler
    fiddler

This does seem to be a pivotal year........kind of like 1999. I left that year, not by any sort of plan. I just did...and so did a LOT of others. I'm thinking this might be a year like that for the Watchtower. 1999 was a BAD year for the Watchtower.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's most of all a social system. The bogus is just colleteral.

People stay for family reasons and for their weekly contacts they enjoy. The dates are not relevant for them.

At the moment you begin to think and analyze you have a problem that leads to fading and exit.

It's just like 1984.

Moral assholes are the leaders on top. They know it's all crap and stay for their status.

Gorby

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

RagingBull:

JANUARY 1st, 2015

October 1, 1914 would be more in line with JW magical thinking.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The sooner you leave, the better. Yes, the beginning of 2015 is a good time to leave--if you can wait that long. The sooner you leave, the less likely you are to be forced into the new donation arrangement, and to see Part 2 (or more). In the meantime, donate nothing. Pledge nothing--if you get a pledge form shoved into your face, "lose" it or place a zero (or negative amount) in the pledge amount. Keep field circus to a minimum. Do not sing the Kingdumb maladies--if possible, don't even lip sync them. Do not accept any assignments. Do not show up to clean the place.

If you wait until the end of 2015, you may have waited too long. By then, they could easily have pledge forms for the Worldwide Damnation Fund where they expect you to automatically have the amount pledged deducted from your bank account. Once that happens, it is a hassle to discontinue with the pledge. I would not wait that long.

• KateWild
    KateWild

RB,

Thanks for telling us your exit plan. It's good to have one, I hope you stick to it and feel good about your exit. I agree with you that many publishers will think critically of your exit on the !st Jan 2015, rather if you just left now. It's a good date to leave. Well done.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit