Family of 4 in Miami FL Partakes

by James Jackson 35 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

Here in southern Ontario an elderly couple partook two years ago. The elders waited almost a year (the week before the next memorial) and hauled them in to the second school and told them to read the stack of articles they gave them. Then they had the co work with them and he asked them if the wife felt she should partake because her husband did. He asked the husband if he thought he was going to be in heaven and the husband said he didn't care where he was but that he knew they should partake. The co told him then don't partake. A local needs was given a week before this memorial about not partaking. This year he partook and there was a whole back row of idiots laughing at him. While he partook the speaker was staring right at him and he stared right back at the speaker while he partook. The wife is just sick about it for she feels she should partake too. I told them to come to our home for us and other ex-jw's do partake plus we have the passover meal. Talk about persecution from within, sheesh!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Funny how no one questions Sanderson.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pistoff - "Will it spark a change in doctrine or just more innuendo that partakers are 'emotionally unbalanced'?"

My money's overwhelmingly on the latter.

Wanna hear something funny?

Strangely enough, it's one of the few bits of WT rhetoric that I'm actually kind of inclined to agree with.

I've met a handful of JW partakers in my time, and every one seemed - in one way or another - a little... well... off...

• galaxie
    galaxie

On the way out ;..great point! Isn't that how the whole thing started?..god bless america( not )!!

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Totally agree, Vidiot.

I knew a few who slurped the wine and munched the wafers.

They were all completely batshit crazy.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Maybe Jehovah got mad at the first 144000 and decided to throw them all out and start over with a new batch?

Marina

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

In all other churches everyone takes communion. Only the JWs don't. So we are the crazy ones. This new breed of partakers from what I've read, don't care if they go to heaven or not. They just believe that Jesus meant for everyone to do it. Years ago when I was a kid all the anointed I knew were Extra creaking nuts. The new breed of people rebelling are not nuts. They don't believe god chooses people through some mystical means like we teach. The GBs attempts to discredit them as mentally unstable will backfire, especially if people in their hall know they're not nuts. as one poster said, this religion began in America, hopefully it ends in America.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

if the new testament and instructions was written for only the so-called annointed, then they should be the only ones to do the preaching work as jesus commanded.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Sounds like they might be frequent readers of anointedjw.org

• Magnum
    Magnum

label licker:

Here in southern Ontario an elderly couple partook two years ago. The elders waited almost a year (the week before the next memorial) and hauled them in to the second school and told them to read the stack of articles they gave them. Then they had the co work with them and he asked them if the wife felt she should partake because her husband did. He asked the husband if he thought he was going to be in heaven and the husband said he didn't care where he was but that he knew they should partake. The co told him then don't partake. A local needs was given a week before this memorial about not partaking.

cantleave:

Funny how no one questions Sanderson.

Isnt' that strange? An older couple can partake and they face an inquisition, yet Porky Sanderson partakes as a young man and he's appointed to the GB. Where's the logic? Since JWs like to use the Scriptures to back everything up, what scriptures explain that? What are the criteria. Is it because maybe Porky can read better... is more intelligent... is more educated? What is it? I'm a little older than Porky, but if I had partaken when he did, I would have at least been questioned (and I assure you I'm more intelligent and educated than he is).

In posts above, Vidiot seems to indicate partakers are crazy and kneehighmiah says they're not. I agree with both; here's why: The partakers who believe JW doctrine (only 144000, etc) seem to be crazy as Vidiot said. I know of only three in my area and they all look, talk, and think like snake-handling holy-rollers. However, I think kneehighmiah is referring to a new breed who don't swallow all of JW doctrine; they seem to be rebelling against current JW understanding/theology. So I agree with kneehighmiah; they might be smarter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit