Family of 4 in Miami FL Partakes

by James Jackson 35 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Do I detect a tipping point?

metatron

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"I've met a handful of JW partakers in my time, and every one seemed - in one way or another - a little... well... off..." - Vidiot

Hey Now!! I resemble that remark!! Seriously, there seem to be 2 "kinds" [ lol] of partakers:

1) Old School JWs. These are the the die-hard nutters that we have all met. They worship the GB and the Org. They will most likely die as JWs. They will NEVER doubt the Slave.

2) The new partakers. These are Jws who believe the Bible to be true, and have recognized that IF the Bible is true, then the WTBTS's dogma must be wrong. They are NOT in positions of authority at World Headquarters. They are a threat because they exist as reminders that something is wrong in WT Land. They are likely to become ex-Jws since the ORG cannot be reformed.

The Old Partakers will gladly believe any attack launched at the New Partakers. Anyone who is not a big deal is a target. To accept the new partakers is to accept that the current view is wrong, and that the END is not coming in the oldtimers lifetimes. Despite the overwhelming evidence, Guy Pierce dead, oldsters dropping like flies, the "young" JWs are now 50+, ect, they cannot accept it. The GB cannot be wrong anymore!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "To accept the new partakers is to accept that the current view is wrong...The GB cannot be wrong..."

I remember as a teenager in the 80s thinking that if a shit-ton of young JWs who were (by all appearances) perfectly normal (i.e., not bonkers) started partaking regularly, it would get really uncomfy for the GB (I was aware of how the WT heirarchy functioned back then; my dad had filled me in).

Part of me hoped it might happen; I have a special affinity for passive/agressive rebellion (even if I don't neccessarily agree with whatever ideology lies behind it); there's just something about it that makes me smile.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Really controlling people hate passive-agressive rebellion. Nothing infuriates them like being ignored or having someone say " Ok, Brother!" and then doing the opposite. That's why ignoring them is so fun!!

DD

• prologos
    prologos

The trouble with partaking if you believe everyone should, and

therefore you partake to make THAT point, or start a trend--- is

that by doing so THERE at the memorial, you subscribe to the talk-outline-truth that you want to be added to the 144 000., so :

why not do it at home?, if you must. with your own belief or

in disbelief.

just communing, traditionally.

of course the Miami 4 did not.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Love it.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Partaking publicky craps on the sacred teaching of the declining number of anointed. It makes people question the GB. totalitarian regimes only fall once large groups of people start to take a stand Against them and disobey their rules. See Detroit convention. That's why the new July watchtower warns JWs to reject controversial thoughts even if they aren't necessarily unscriptural. They are getting scared.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kneehighmiah - "That's why the new July watchtower warns JWs to reject controversial thoughts even if they aren't necessarily unscriptural.

"Hey, you! Don't watch that movie!"

Movie becomes a hit...

"Stop having sex!"

Sex gets freakier...

"See that wine and bread there? Don't eat it!"

Nibble, sip...

kneehighmiah - "They are getting scared."

Authoritarian regimes always feel threatened by something, somehow, somewhere.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I am an atheist, with that said.....

Maybe they just read the bible....... most JW's don't. It clearly says everyone should keep doing it and all partakers were not anointed in that upper room according to JW teaching. I am suprised it does not get asked more.

This being said, any interaction with a deity such as an anointing is by all standards a 'miracle' event. I hope for those kids sake, they are mentally strong, because unless they can one day admit their mistake, like many ex JW anointed, they will spend their life trying to explain why told people they experienced a miracle by god.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Someone should ask the question, were is it in the new testament that one can see the kingdom of God and have everlasting life with out being in the new covenant, which means being born again and partaking of Jesus blood, and flesh? Good luck finding the passage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit