2014-03-29 BOE CONFIDENTIALS PDF Adjustment to financing Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction worldwide

by WatchTower87 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I was just tipped-off in the last week that there has been a freeze on all North American kingdom hall builds and renos, I Wonder why

• LogCon
    LogCon

It is quite amazing that the power of the internet and some determined people can make a 'For Your Eyes Only' letter, addressed to a very few, available for the whole world to view, discuss, criticize and evaluate.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Alright..ahem.. Please corrrect me if I am wrong. Let's say that my KH just completed a costly $20,000 remodel. The WTBTS is saying that my KH does not have to pay that back. The reality is that we WILL donate the same amount and just NEVER pay off the loan. In a normal transaction, the borrower can get out of debt to the lender, but not in WTLand.

That sounds like organized crime.

DD

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The more stunts like this that my friends pull at WTBTS the more I can't help but think the desperate financial situation they must be in.

• suavojr
    suavojr

The WT just wants money and people will give it to them

• Listener
    Listener

From the 1st May they will have two contribution boxes and this is where they are being very deceitful.

The first box is labelled Local Congregation Expenses

This box is for JWs to contribute towards their own running expenses of their Kingdom Hall AND the 'resolved donations'. That is, the money that has been pledged by individuals for the Worldwide Work.

The second box is labelled Worldwide Work

This box is for anyone who wants to put in extra money (not their pledged money) for the worldwide work.

JWs as a whole are not a very clever bunch, many brothers will put their pledged money into the wrong box, that is, in the box labelled Worldwide Work because, after all, that is what they pledged the money for. Also, if I am reading correctly, previously pledged money by individuals to contribute towards their own new hall or for their own renovations were previously put into the box marked worldwide work.

If their is a continued shortfall in money for the Worldwide Work the Elders or the congregation cannot make any changes until the 1st May the following year.

In the section of the letter for elders only it states that they must aim to meet any shortfall of pledged money the elders are told that they must remind the congregation of their committment (although they are not to solicit the money but apparently reminding the brothers is not the same as soliciting) and try to meet the shortfall from monies that were assigned for their own congregational expenses.

Another point of note is that the elders are specifically directed to disolve previously made resolutions, this statement is made

"What should be done with other existing resolutions?
    Any previous resolution to support Kingdom Hall construction should be discontinued."

According to the dictionary, a resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something. So what we have here is the head of a so called Christian congregation telling their followers that it is okay to disobey God's direction in letting your yes mean yes and your no meaning no. Of course, it's only okay because it does not serve their own needs.

There is one thing that seems to be missing from this new arrangement. There appears to be no accounting for the cost of publications. It may be that it is just not clarified in this letter. But the first contribution box, labelled Local congregation expenses is for

"These funds should be used to pay approved congregation expenses, including Kingdom Hall operating expenses, minor renovations, and repairs (through the operating committee, if applicable), as well as for all monthly resolved donations that are sent to the branch office."

Does this mean that the cost of publications is considered an 'approved congregation expense'? If so, does anyone know when and how it is approved?

• Listener
    Listener

They are using 2 Corinthians 8:12-14 to support this new arrangement. If only they stopped taking snippets out of the bible we would be seeing this secret society being more transparent. Only a few verses later in this same chapter are these words

" 20 We want to avoid any criticism of the way we administer this liberal gift. 21 For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of man. "

• hoser
    hoser

there will be a lot of local needs parts on giving what was pledged.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I laughed loudly when I read about Materials etc being MORE EXPENSIVE... really? Where is that? I don't know that 3rd world contries have HIGH prices that the WT can't pay for materials. LOL

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Data-dog, that was my first thought. Cong has 1 year left on 20 year loan. But... Now they have to pay the same amount forever...

Well, maybe not... This was the last memorial after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit