2014-03-29 BOE CONFIDENTIALS PDF Adjustment to financing Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction worldwide

by WatchTower87 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

Does anyone have access to the December 7, 2009 letter that is marked for destruction? That letter is not in my collection at all and hope someone can shed light as to what it is about.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Heads up: How come a letterhead in ITALIAN has the text in ENGLISH ?

Eden

• KateWild
    KateWild

In the section of the letter for elders only it states that they must aim to meet any shortfall of pledged money the elders are told that they must remind the congregation of their committment (although they are not to solicit the money but apparently reminding the brothers is not the same as soliciting) and try to meet the shortfall from monies that were assigned for their own congregational expenses. -Listener

I was thinking the exact same thing myself when I read it. WT are soliciting funds. They are trying to change the meaning of the phrase soliciting for funds. The letter read to the cong is soliciting funds. WAKE UP!

Kate xx

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Quick question: When a congregation takes out a loan from the society, did they have to pay it back with interest?

Also, when a loan is taken out, where does the money come from? Brothers and sisters who donate to the society. I'm sure if the people taking out the loan asked them for the money directly they wouldn't ask for it back so why do the wts feel the need to?

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

DuvanMuvan - No, they do not charge the congregation interest on loans.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@DuvanMuvan - Years ago, interest was being charged. They stopped doing that and simply calculated the cost of the loan into the loan (like the 0% car sale loans - it's not 0%, you simply pay 115% of the value back over the years).

The prices are also overinflated ($0.5M was projected and lent with volunteer labor for a re-build on pre-existing concrete while the material cost was ~150k) spread out over 10 years. If you didn't pay the loan back in that time, it's remains would once again be recalculated in a new loan and spread out over a 10y time span.

Now they cancelled all loans and made the payments perpetual under the guise that the branch will decide when you need a new KH.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ Listener. Where I attend there are 3 boxes. Local Congregation Expenses,

Worldwide Work, Kingdom Hall Construction Worldwide.

The Worldwide Work box includes literature as I have been told. That is where

I have been told to drop money for literature obtained. Another cong I attended

had a box for Car park Re-surfacing. Another cong had a box for Kingdom Hall Roof.

Its the Worldwide Kingdom Hall Construction box and any of the other local use examples

I listed above that will go. There should then only be 2 boxes. Local Congregation Expenses

and Worldwide Work. And it's the funds collected in any local boxes listed above

and sitting in bank accounts that the wtbts is chasing. Sad really.

I also wonder what old light there is to dread in the December 7 2009 Letter.

Was that the year the Worldwide Kingdom Hall Construction box made its debut ???

And yes Listener excellent points that don't require convoluted reasoning

at verses 20 and 21. If only,,,,,,

jtg

P.S Where I attend they have no outstanding loan but I dunno who owns the joint.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

If I read this correctly, the congregations will be given three days notice of the change of arrangement?

And the actual KHCW boxes will be removed before the details are announced the following week?

• Splash
    Splash

How many congregations will put names on the confidential and anonymous survey, to see who is pledging how much.

Elders rarely abide by the letter when they have had a 'better' idea.

Splash.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I guess it's all true. The WTS does not pass "a" hat, they pass several hats!

I still don't understand the need for money. They should be awash in it after selling off the Brooklyn and all the other country headquarters. Has anyone done a tally as to what all of the WTS sales of buildings netted them over these past 10 years, (or even by year)? I am going to start a new thread on it, and together we can get this done.

I noticed that the Fort Myers, Gladiolus congregation appears closed down. The sign has been taken down. Anyone know what is up with that? If it sells, who gets the money?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit