Unsung Heroes of J.W net

by new hope and happiness 54 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"6. What does it say about intellectual honesty when the Watch Tower misrepresent the views of scientists in books such as Life-How Did It Get Here? For example, in one source, a scientist asked, "How could something as complex as the eye develop through evolutionary means?" He then went on to explain at length how such a thing was possible. The question was just a lead-in to the explanation. But the WT quotes the scientist with the line, "Even respected scientists have doubts about evolution's ability to create complex organs." This is a total misrepresentation."

I remember passing this particular thread in her direction months back and she read over it and she agreed with some of it - but she did not really dwell on it. Then about a month or so later she was talking to my uber JW mom and and she quoted this exact same freaking piece of bullshit to her. My wife went the hell off on her. She was irate because the lie was presented to her by a real person! She stayed how from the meetings finding tons of these little points and wrote them down. She tells me later that this was a turning point in her really listening to what I was saying and opening her eyes to what they were saying in the hall.

Then the invitro mag came out and she became a ranting apostate

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wow I dont want to forget anyone, but I like reading SD-7 posts, Anddontcallmeshirley, Sir82, Blondie for her uncanny ability to provide WT quotes within minutes on any topic.. Data Dog, Jwfacts, Minimus always has good thought provoking questions, I liked Darth Rutherfords posts, Alan F had some great posts, Flipper, Ding, Terry, Oubliette, Cedars had very good contributions and of course our dear Mouthy :) There are more that are escaping me..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

confusedandalone - "Then the invitro mag came out and she became a ranting apostate"

"Invitro mag"?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Yeah there was a magazine article that says something to the effect that invitro fert is equivalent to adultery and is a df offense

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

confusedandalone - "Yeah there was a magazine article that says something to the effect that invitro fert is equivalent to adultery and is a df offense"

Unh.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more facepalm-worthy.

Par for the course for a religion that - no matter what they may say - still regards sex as a procreative act first, and anything else a distant second...

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks for all the suggested posters, i now have some interesting reading ahead of me.

• Julia Orwell
  • krejames
    krejames

There are so many. I'm always learning from here.

• Caedes
    Caedes

tetrapod sapien very rarely posts anymore but I always found his posts very insightful.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

jgnat - the oracle of UBMs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit