Unsung Heroes of J.W net

by new hope and happiness 54 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Been on this site 8 months now, but not on a daily basis. Recently discoverd a poster named PROCESSOR, loved his tread on the life of Jesus. Anyway the guys posts never seem to make long threads.

As i enjoy reading the history of posts made by posters, are there any " unsung heroes" you would reccomend reading.

thanks.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The posts that caught my eye when I was lurking were tech49, andontcallmeshirley ,blondie, billythebethelite just to name a few.

• Laika
    Laika

Vidiot and sir82 both seem to have an almost innate way of reading between Watchtower lines to tell you what's really going on.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks Sparrow and Laika.

I am familliar with " the Heroes" of this site. I am also not intersting in reading watchtower exposure. The posters i am intersted in are more autobiographal..i mentiond " PROCESSOR" because he was hurt by the watchtower but his posts showed a personality that kept his humor intact.

I remember a poster named TIMOTHY whose posts reflected his sexuality and personality...these posts had heart and soul that were more humun than why the watchtower is a bogus scam.

Oomph was another..sadly he committed suicide.

I started this post as i was reading a book " WE ARE WITNESSES" five diarys of teenagers who died in the Holocaust, and i realised in the shuufle of posters on this site are " Personal Testinonies" on a humun level to the damage the watchtower has done on individuals. They are the posters i would like to read and hope others will enjoy reading also.

Suggestions please.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Laika - "Vidiot and sir82 both seem to have an almost innate way of reading between Watchtower lines to tell you what's really going on."

It really ain't that hard.

Simply assume that there's always something to read between the lines, and it'll practically jump out at you.

With regards to the topic, Terry's threads are really good; I always feel compelled to participate in them..

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks Vidlot post 2761 ( for all of them) but what about posters that came and went with only 761 posts or 61 posts...any posters in the history of the site that came and went but shold be rememberd?

• sir82
    sir82

any posters in the history of the site that came and went but shold be rememberd?

Maximus:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/4372

• Comatose
    Comatose

Look up some of Leolaia's old posts. Solid gold.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I really like some of the stories that a poster called 'Amazing' posted. Lots of fun to read, very eye-opening and gob-smacking! I also like the posts by 'Darth Rutherford'. He doesn't post much but they are always very thought provoking.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I find almost everyone here valuable. The WT stuff does not move me much but I've been out for decades. The autobiographical stories about how the WT warped lives of people here is what moves me. I had almost no interest when I first arrived at this site. It was only when I saw the names of friends of my parents that I decided to read only those posts. The threads on education wasted b/c of the WT bring back much hurt. I just don't like people preaching at me.

I also don't feel it is necessary for a certain type of believer to respond to discussions about Bible stories that are so well-known, people of other faiths know them. Copying a poorly worded Bible verse is so WT. Everyone here knows the stories. There are some minor stories that I don't know. The WT picks obscure subjects. We have Bibles. If you don't have Internet access, you can't post here. I want to here what individuals think and believe.

This forum gave me the chance to compare notes with other people. It reassured me to know that others experienced the WT the way I did. I never had a chance to laugh about it so I love the parodies so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit