Deuteronomy 22:28,29. Thank Jebus nobody pays attention to this f*cked up part of "God's inspired word" any more.

by DuvanMuvan 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe it means bookmarked.

I said, I believe.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

he even loves the raped women

When you think about it, didn't god rape Mary?? She had no choice in being impregnated by god to bear his son (not that I believe any of it).

I wonder if god paid 50 shekels to Mary's dad?

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

ADCMS this is off topic but why couldn't god just do that but with Eve or at least her first daughter? Seems more efficient to me.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Why not jsut let people have sex and be done. Would have resulted in alot less death and alot more life.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Can't believe i missed this part out.

'13 “If a man takes a wife and has relations with her but then comes to hate her 14 and he accuses her of misconduct and gives her a bad name by saying: ‘I have taken this woman, but when I had relations with her, I did not find evidence that she was a virgin,’ 15 the father and mother of the girl should produce the evidence of the girl’s virginity for the elders at the gate of the city. 16 The girl’s father must say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man as a wife, but he hates her 17 and is accusing her of misconduct by saying: “I have found out that your daughter does not have evidence of virginity.” Now this is the evidence of my daughter’s virginity.’ They will then spread out the cloth before the elders of the city. 18 The city elders will take the man and discipline him. 19 They will fine him 100 silver shekels and give them to the girl’s father, because the man defamed a virgin of Israel, and she will continue to be his wife. He will not be allowed to divorce her as long as he lives.

20 “If, though, the accusation is true, and there is no evidence that the girl was a virgin, 21 they should bring the girl out to the entrance of her father’s house, and the men of her city should stone her to death, because she has committed a disgraceful act in Israel by committing sexual immorality in the house of her father. So you must remove what is bad from your midst.'

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

UNFORTUNATELY there is a religion in the world today, that follows that and very similar tactics...is called islam..

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I can't actually recall any points being made about this passage whenever we did the bible reading. Probably why i only just realised it existed not that long ago.

" No man who has been castrated by having his testicles crushed or who has had his male organ cut off may come into the congregation of Jehovah."

-Deuteronomy 23:1

Was this so common in ancient Israel that they had to make a rule about it?

'The Law further read: “No man castrated by crushing the testicles or having his male member cut off may come into the congregation of Jehovah.” ( De 23:1 ) Such ‘castration’ did not relate to congenital defects or to an accidental condition. (Compare Le 21:17-21; De 25:11, 12 .) Evidently, therefore, it had to do with deliberate emasculation for immoral purposes, such as homosexuality. Such a one was to be kept out of the congregation, not being allowed to associate with it, thereby protecting its purity.'

-it-2 1088-1089

That sounds like an awful lot of pain to go through just to have sex with another man which, unless i'm mistaken, requires for you to have all the required "parts".

Just thinking of some old guys in the desert dressed in ridiculous clothes reading out these rules to thousands of guillible people who just go along with it just makes me so glad i wasn't born back then

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Marked

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I find the whole idea of 'selling' a daughter quite disgusting, not to mention the stoning to death of a girl who can’t prove she’s a virgin. And I can’t believe I once actually believed this was a righteous law. For those that still believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God, how do you justify this? And do you criticize some sections of Islam for still living by it?

• DuvanMuvan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit