Deuteronomy 22:28,29. Thank Jebus nobody pays attention to this f*cked up part of "God's inspired word" any more.

by DuvanMuvan 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maat13
    Maat13

This account is one of many that you will probably never hear a JW comment on at the meeting.

"Journey From Eden" by Kevin James Aaron provides more accounts like this in the Bible along with some interesting explanations of their origins.

Maat

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

" 10 If you go to war against your enemies and Jehovah your God defeats them for you and you take them captive, + 11 and you see among the captives a beautiful woman and you are attracted to her and you want to take her as your wife, 12 you may bring her into your house. She should then shave her head, attend to her nails, 13 and remove the clothing of her captivity, and dwell in your house. She will weep for her father and her mother a whole month, + and afterward you may have relations with her; you will become her husband and she will become your wife. 14 But if you are not pleased with her, you should then let her go + wherever she wishes. * But you may not sell her for money or treat her harshly, since you have humiliated her."

-Deuteronomy (21:10-14)

" On the other hand, many women of Bible times used their attire as a means of gaining their selfish objectives. It was a custom for women of pagan cities, when about to be captured by the enemy, to put on their finest apparel in order to attract soldiers who might take them as wives. But, in case a captive woman was taken by an Israelite soldier, she was required to set aside her items of dress, some of which might be connected with pagan religion, before he could marry her.— De 21:10-13 ."

-it-1 pp. 652-656

Literally the only thing they're willing to talk about when it comes to this rule. Well that's not including what is on the cd rom this is just the online library.

• KateWild
    KateWild

This example of bible laws is more evidence the bible is from men. It is so sexist treating the virgin woman as an object that has been damaged. The passages suggest that she belonged to her father first and then possession should be transfered to a husband. It leaves no room for the fact that a woman can be independent.

This was all written to control women and put them in their place as owned objects.

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's another thing that JW's ignore. We just have to blindly accept all the genocide and rape and incest. Hey, Lot's wife was bad, but Lot was righteous and banged his daughters! Jeehobber reads hearts! We must also accept that humans couldn't benefit from an actual book FROM GOD, or the angels..NO..humans had to jot it down, otherwise we just wouldn't get it. Really??? Wouldn't you guys drop what you are doing and come over if I had an book from GOD?

I don't know about you, but I would imagine that an Angel, who is infinitely more intelligent than I am, should be articulate. They should be able to show up and say, " Hey DD, here is guide for solving poverty. Just follow the formula. I will be back to teach you about the Universe later. You won't ever be as smart as me, but everything I tell you will work 100% of the time. Just learn what you can for the rest of your life."

Sadly, instead of real-time, practical help, we have a collection of ancient scrolls that the Council of Nicea concocted for their specific needs at the time.

DD

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

DD i think i remember reading on the online library in some publication where they try to justify Lot offering his daughters to those men. The way they put it was (pretty much) "Lot wanted to protect the angels so badly that he even tried to offer his virgin daughters to the men." and they list a number of reasons for why he might have been a complete ass-wipe

• KateWild
    KateWild
    What does "marked" mean? - Duvan
    Hi Duvan,

Some posters just browse and want to read a thread properly at another time. There is an easy way to find old threads if you have posted on them.

You click on your name, on the top of the task bar is "Topics posted on" and you can go down to the last thread you posted on if you have marked it for later reading.

Kate xx
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Still happens in modern British society, asian girls are effectively 'sold' to their parents to strange men abroad, so that they can come to the uk.

And there are many women, or all races nationalities and culture who are still living in 'slavery' under the rule of men.

• Island Man
    Island Man

About the woman not being able to provide proof of her virginity: Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that some virgins lose their hymen without having sexual intercourse? How would such a women provide evidence of her virginity? How many such innocent hymenless virgins were wronglfuly stoned to death in ancient Israel?

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Island man i've heard that can happen too but for obvious reasons i'm no expert.

I'm just shocked at how i could ever think that these were god's people. Whoever wrote this book is sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit