Reverse Witnessing - Will NEVER work!

by MissConfused 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

Here's something that bothered both my husband and I....

Sitting at the 2010 District Convention, listening to the Bethel speaker make a joke about Harold Camping "How can someone be so stupid that they think they can guess the date and be wrong! Hahahah.. And people actually believed him!" (not exact words, but basic idea)

The whole audience laughed along! My husband and I looked at each other, felt sorry for 'Harold' and thought, "this is so sad! they are laughing at people who are sincere, and what in the HECK has the WT been doing it's whole LIFE!? Guessing!!! Telling us WHEN Armageddon is coming, then blaming US for believing them!"

This type of 'little' thing added up... helped us see the TRUE persona of the WTBS!

• sir82
    sir82

I suspect that "reverse witnessing" may have little to no effect at the time it is given....

But if given calmly, rationally, and with logic, it will stick around, rattle about in the mind....once a critical mass of those little rattlers is reached, then the effect takes hold.

• designs
    designs

MissC- thousands leave every year so something is waking people up.

Relgious beliefs are deeply ingrained, it takes time to change.

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

@designs - they still are blinded thinking that organization is growing largely ww, better than any religious groups.... lol

• Giordano
    Giordano

The book The True Believer by Eric Hoffer, which I read at age 16, had a profound effect on my thinking about the truth and especially the WTBTS.

Here's what you need to know............ it doesn't mention the JW's or their beliefs at all instead it looks at the larger picture of radical religions and extreme politics. It discusses the motivation for people to join a high control religion/political group and how that organization manipulates them.

Here's a sample: An active mass movement rejects the present and centers
    it's interest on the future. It is from this attitude that it derives it's
    strength, for it can proceed recklessly with the present- with the health,
    wealth and lives of it's followers. But it must act as if it has already read
    the book of the future to the last word. Its doctrine is proclaimed as a key to
    that book.

Without ever mentioning the WTBTS he has described the way they control and they are reckless with the lives of their followers

Google The True Believer for more quotes and/or buy the book for $2.95(used) on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0060505915/ref=sr_1_1_up_1_pap_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397226196&sr=1-1&condition=used

• pronomono
    pronomono

There was a wise owl in a children's movie that sang a song with the words "Never say never". I believe the movie was 'An American Tale'. Such wise words. Unexpected things, even things that we feel are impossible, can sometimes happen. You never know what seeds you may sow.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I friend that I work with and see a few times a week was having marriage problems, so as time went on he would make comments about things and I would just plant seeds. Eventually with how badly he was being treated by his congregation for not going to meeting and service his defenses fell and he started making more comments and the seeds I planted grew. Now he's mentally out. Only took a year, hope to do the same with my kids.

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

A simple question poised to my close relative - If Jehovah and Jesus were to come in front of you and say that this Org - WTBTS was a false religion would you agree, and they said NO...

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

MissConfused i had no idea people could be that dedicated to the teachings of a few old guys in Brooklyn

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

Sad state of mind - But bravo to WTBTS - Wolf in sheep's clothing prophecy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit