Reverse Witnessing - Will NEVER work!

by MissConfused 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

I tried hard to reason out and this relative was not believing the 1975 false teaching from WT... This person rather argued that the WT org never made any such claims n people were dumb to believe that was the end and this was all done by satan to get jah people away... Lol

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

gingerbreads earlier comment at the start of the thread was true!

showing by example that we are a balanced, happy people...free of the guilt and control of the wt will work well!

Also, its best not to try and 'reverse witness' while they are in actuall witnessing mode...then they are more on the offensive attack mode. But it will be more effective when its done "off duty" so to speak...when in an informal setting or occasion in general conversation....

• jws
    jws

All of us who are out are out for a reason. I would guess that in many of those cases, there was a catalyst. May not have caused them to leave immediately, but it was the start to the path out. Who knows?

I had a guy studying with me for a while. He didn't know I was ex-JW and my purpose was to debate all of his assumptions and make him prove his faith. After a while, he agreed with me that 1914 could be wrong, was probably wrong, but he still believed it doesn't matter because we're in the last days now. Now I hear he no longer attends. Was I the catalyst? Did I have something to do with waking him up? I have no idea. I'd like to be, but who knows why he stopped attending? I'd love to follow up with him.

Everybody responds to different things too. When you reverse-witness, it might not be the message that's right to get him out.

Some people respond to doctrinal arguments. For me that would have never gotten me out. I didn't trust other beliefs. But when I read Franz's book, it shook my belief in the JWs themselves, not their doctrine per se. I saw them as mere men winging it and that got me out.

Yes, they are stubborn and mind-controlled, but who knows what takes hold. Firmly held beliefs don't often change overnight. You may have started something.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

onthewayout - wonderful example - I only wish someone had been

there, the second time I went back to the jw's, after I left the first time

but like many on this board, "still believed the doctrines" I dragged my

roommate into that cult and she and her daughter are still in !!!

I needed answers, and I didn't have any. I didn't even know where to look.

It was before the internet, and remember it wasn't till this millennium that

the Internet started to be what it is today. How long has this board been up ?

Its drip,drip, drip, und then the dike breaks, just don't exhaust yourself.

Find some outlets for yourself, take some classes on the excuse you want a

better job, do something you enjoy, remember there are delusional people

everywhere. Ignat's advice is sound since she has been there and seen this process.

There is going to be one core point that tips the scales and you never know

what that might be. Remember;the song Amazing Grace was written by a

man who spent his life transporting African slaves into slavery on a slave ship,

and then one day as he puts it in the song: " I was blind, and now I see."

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

A simple question poised to my close relative - If Jehovah and Jesus were to come in front of you and say that this Org - WTBTS was a false religion would you agree, and they said NO...

This says it all.

Bangalore

• KateWild
    KateWild

MissC,

I think it all depends on the individual and their circumstances. If they do not have much education and they have never experienced an injustice in the congregation this is a difficult one.

I would suggest to educate them, start doing hobbies with them to broaden their knowledge, science and history museums. But if they are not studious and prefer watching TV it could be a challenge.

I am sorry you are struggling so much, each meeting must be sickening to you and you must feel lonely and isolated. I hope you can devise a plan to make things better for yourself it sounds like you can't really go on like this much longer.

Take care Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit