Creative ways of counting field service time

by 4thgen 29 Replies latest jw friends

• 4thgen
    4thgen

There was a sister in my congregation that signed up to aux pioneer one month to put in 60 hours. We couldn't figure out why she was never at the arrangements, but yet she said she got in her time early in the month. We found out later that we wrote a letter that took her an hour. Then she photocopied it 60 times and turned in 60 hours. The elders found out and counseled her. They then called a pioneer meeting to clarify that we should NOT do that. DANG!

What goofy stuff have you seen in counting time?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Getting up early, driving down a long road, offering literature to people who are walking, waiting for rides, having vehicle trouble, etc.

For real.

Sylvia

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Phone booths.That was a big one in the day.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

My uber elder cousin had some rule that you had to do something every 15 minutes in order to "keep your time going". stopped by lots of JW's home to "use the bathroom" and offer encouragement!

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Some hearty pioneers used to arrange an annual fishing trip into the wilderness. They ALWAYS brought a Bible study with them to count their time, while they were on the lake drinking beer.

The sisters used a different approach. Theirs involved going to the mall.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

To keep the time running we should have always have a coffee to go with us, we are not getting tired.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Witnessing informally to your golf buddy while playing 18 holes of golf

No, I haven't seen that before.. just wondering if anyone has ever done that ^^

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Just Kidding, yep you reminded me of that....I saw the golfing thing before. As a matter of fact, one of the brothers who were counting time, got beaned in the head while on the golf cart. It was a congregation joke for a long time. (Maybe he should have had his head examined!)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

stop at a garage sale leave a tract go to a return visit you know isn't home think of another one across town then stop at an apt laundromat (they used to have those) leave an old mag take a coffee break then another not at home return visit end the day with 6 hours

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Garage Sales! Yes! There was a sister at our last hall who was known for that. She would even have parts on the Service Meeting. Others in my old halls thought that was deplorable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit