Creative ways of counting field service time

by 4thgen 29 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

When I went down to South Carolina from Wisconsin, I happened to be auxilary pioneering that month. I was worried about making my time, and I didn't want to have to spend my vacation out in field service. So I left a tract at a rest area in Wisconsin, and another when I got to South Carolina. I counted all the travel time in between. Needless to say I made my hours for the month.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

How about doing some grocery shopping and leaving a tract here and there as you go.

Benches by the door.

Seats by the pharmacy.

An occasional stray buggy...lol

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

My mom had a few creative ideas.

Travelling by plane - Have a Watchtower and an Awake! back-to-back sticking up out of her purse and a bible or magazine in her lap to read.

Travelling by car - Set a Watchtower magazine on one side of the rear window and an Awake magazine on the other side. Mabye a bible and/or Truth (or Life Forever) Book in the middle.

Either way, there was no denying that she was Advertising, Advertising, Advertising the King and his Kingdom WTS puplications.

I can't remember if we split the hours amongst us when travelling by car. It was mom and 4 kids. I am sure I claimed a few for myself.

I wonder if she still uses these tactics? It sure was easy hours. Certainly no less effective than the literature carts that I've heard of lately.

-Aude.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

CAT BAPTISM!!!

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Preaching to your 3 year old grandson as you walk along the beach (3 hours)

• undercover
    undercover

Back in the 60s, on the way to a 7 day convention, the JW family we rode with taped WT and Awakes on the rear side windows of their station wagon. 7 hour drive. 7 hours of service...

• blondie
    blondie

When skiing, yell out single and ride up the chairlift with someone you don't know and "witness" to them giving them a tract. They can't go anywhere.

• donny
    donny

One brother and I would spend 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday doing RV's and laundramats. We would go to one RV and then to one on the opposite side of town and then back again. Of course we stopped at a few 7-11's along the way.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Undercover - magazines in the windows! Yes, we did that in 1953 and 1958. It was fun. Cars would pass us, honk their horns, then flip us the bird.

When we'd stop at roadside rests (few and far between in those days), other people would come up and look at the magazines in our car windows. My mother and father would go over to them and witness with them briefly, told them we were going to New York for a big Christian convention. One or both would count our stopover time as witnessing work.

Every so often a car would pass us, honking and waving. They were other JWs going to New York too and saw our mags.

At first my dad put a WT on one side of the rear window and an Awake! on the other side. Since we were driving a 1941 Chevrolet sedan, that did not leave much of the rear window to look out through via the mirror. So he moved them to the rear side windows. That was problematic since we could not roll the windows down while he was driving. In those days there were no car air conditioners and the inside of that 2-door sedan became an oven as we drived across the desert. But we lived with it as we were quite dedicated in those days.

JV

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I had to relieve myself at a public restroom and found a tract stuck behind the flusher at a urinal. What a wonderful witness and creative way to count time. Although, I am not sure anyone would actually want to touch the tract.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit