Creative ways of counting field service time

by 4thgen 29 Replies latest jw friends

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

One time the elder took our car group into a grocery store "looking" for people when really we went there for food and drinks.

the letter idea was funny haha, way to cheat the time.

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

My barely active JW Dad was famous for the laundromat magazine route...LOL. And my Mom would hand write entire notes on lined 4x6 yellow note pads. My Mom has been a JW since 1968 and has never converted one person...what a bad closing ratio.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

There was a brother since diseased who put a 3 minute scriptural message on his voicemail and counted the time on each call received. occassionally he would chanegethe message so he can count time PLUS return visits. He was a pioneer for about 5 years.

• Syme
    Syme

Two pioneer couples went on a holiday trip by car. They made a 7-hour journey to their destination, and counted the WHOLE 7 HOURS as field service because ...they witnessed to the clerks at the toll stations!

The most ridiculous thing is that, when they came back, they actually bragged about it, as if it was something ingenious! They really showed me what ''pioneering'' means for the average jw, and reminded me why on this forum the term ''pious-sneer'' is so often used.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

When I was a teen, my best friend's mom was driving us home from our morning territory. As she drove along, she grabbed a pair of current WT & Awakes and stuck them into the windshield facing outward.

Her reason: Time could continue to be counted as she was "advertising" the truth via the branding and covers to anyone who happened to see the magazines as we passed by.

My, with reasoning like that, you could easily get pioneer hours just by driving around, right?

Phae

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I read here a while ago that a guy lived in a high rise apartment and would toss a few mags out the window so he could could his time getting dressed.

It's all so absurd, everyone pretending the preaching work was so important, when the reality is most people did as little as they could get away with. The Watchtower turned us all into hypocrites. I doubt the early Christians turned in their time on tiny little scrolls, nor did they drive their chariots back and forth accross town in order to waste as much time as possible.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I knew heard of a pioneer that left tracts while on tour in the Vatican in Rome and blitz the vendors ourside. Man, she had balls!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Two ways are being done around here I notice:

1) get a car full of late teen / early 20's singles (pioneers, bethelites etc) and drive all night to petrol stations to leave mags with the overnight attendants.

The young ones really do it because they get to cosy up together with other desperate youngs ones...napping on each others shoulders etc...but all inthe name of preaching of course.

They may drive for hours...all counting time...but may only get out a couple of times each for the whole night..but wow, they each can count 7 hours!!!

2) do a return visit in the extremity of the neighbouring congs territory, then drive to the other end of their own territory to do another.... Instant 1 hour there.

My question is...if they go to such stretches to do this, why not just lie on the slip? What's the difference?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh and another one being done is:

Some bros are adding a part to their email signatures for work etc with a link to jw.org, and a question like "will you be there" in large letters that links to the memorial invite!

Wow, I hope their bosses Rip into them for preaching to business clients using work emails!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh and another one being done is:

Some bros are adding a part to their email signatures for work etc with a link to jw.org, and a question like "will you be there" in large letters that links to the memorial invite!

Wow, I hope their bosses Rip into them for preaching to business clients using work emails!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit