by RubaDub 53 Replies latest social relationships

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE THIS WAY.

You are correct Sylvia, very correct.

Rub a Dub

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

It is a shame this happened. When I was in highschool these things happened kinda frequently...

Not 20 at a time but 1 here another there. A guy shot on the BBall court. Never even made the news. I guess since the recent fervor over these types of things they get attention.

I still do not understand the shock of this happening, especially in a nation that achieved its power through acts on a daily basis far worse.

I guess this is the way things have been sinec the beginning , so one can not be very shocked if they think logically.

How was it not meant to be this way? Just asking

• snowbird
    snowbird

WAWYM -

Rub -

Sylvia

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

My condolences to everyone...

I hope your niece gets the best counselling possible to deal with this very traumatic event...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ever see someone slashed with a knife at close range, Confused?

Happened to my mother in 1966.

Almost 48 years and the shock is still here.

Sylvia

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

CAA I guess it depends where you went to school. My school was pretty tame and there was never any violence that I can recall... So for me, seeing something like this would have been very traumatic...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I apologize for losing my cool Rub-a-dub.

wearewatchingyouman ...

Thank you man, but I have been taught to turn the other cheek (in this case, being an asshole, it was the ass cheek!).

Anyway, as a gun owner, I just saw the stabbings and thought to myself "why didn't he use a gun ... they are so easy to get here?"

Agree or not, if he had taken a gun to school and started shooting, we would not just be hearing about 20 wounded ... we would be talking about the number of dead and wounded.

Rub a Dub

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I definitely agree Rubabub. Thank goodness he didn't have a gun, and obviously wasn't very adept with his knives. This could have certainly been a lot worse.

Thanks everybody for your kind words.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Ever see someone slashed with a knife at close range, Confused?

Happened to my mother in 1966.

Almost 48 years and the shock is still here.

Sylvia

========================

Well Sylvia let me tell you

1. My grandfather had his bottom lip bitten off in a fight in front of my house as I watched.

2. One of my best friends was stabbed 6 times on the basketball court we played at in Newark Nj.

3. I saw my sister get thrown down the stairs by her abusive ex-husband and she had a broke collar bone and leg at 7 months pregnant.

4. I saw people get beat up nearly every single day at Malcolm X shabazz highschool that I went to.

5. I saw a young neighbor get his neck broke as his head hung over the curb on Stuyvesant Avenue after getting knocked out in a fight. The other guys friend decided to literally jump on his head.

I could go on but I am sure you don't want me to.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sad and horrible occurrences, Confused.

I believe the mere fact that these things disturb us so greatly gives credence to my statement that things were not meant to be this way.

You know exactly what I mean by that, so I'm not about to get into another brouhaha with you.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit