New NWT - what's the REAL reason?

by wallsofjericho 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

All the reasons make some sense to me

but I honestly believe there is more to it than money or a sudden desire to be more accurate

that is not the WTS M.O.

yes money is. But not this way. I actually think it would take years to fully cover such an immense cost, hundreds of thousands of JWs will not be able to contribute or simply wont

I truly believe the WTS has a doctrinal change coming that is aligned with the new grey goose

• fine4now
    fine4now

sir82 what page was the gb added i cant locate..gracias

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

AS we all know (hopefully ) the word "Organization" does not appear

in the Bible, at all, ever, nor does the term "Governing Body " and the

misappropriation of the "faithful and dscreet slave" is from a parable in

which TWO slaves were both called faithful for using what they had, and

using your talents is the exact opposite of what the watchtower encourages

you to do.

• sir82
    sir82

It's in the "Outline of contents" section just before the book of Acts (copied from the online version at jw.borg):

• Dispute in Antioch regarding circumcision ( 1, 2 )

• Question brought to Jerusalem ( 3-5 )

• Elders and apostles meet together ( 6-21 )

• Letter from the governing body ( 22-29 )

Congregations encouraged by letter ( 30-35 )

• Paul and Barnabas go separate ways ( 36-41 )

• donuthole
    donuthole

My prevailing theory is that the current GB are a bunch of meglomaniacs that want to become more than footnotes in Watchtower history. What better way than to rollout a revamp of the religion's biggest achievement?

• twice shy
    twice shy

OMG! OMG! Acts 15:22,23 in the New NWT uses the word ELDERS instead of "older men" as it reads in the old nwt.

Sooooo are they setting the stage to say that all of the Elders in the congregations are now of the anointed?

I didn't leave soon enough. OY!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Furthermore I am convinced that The "New World Translation Committee" are not qualified to publish a Bible translation.
    It is there hobby to copy, transcribe and comment. They simple benefit without any cost and fraglantly from the hard work
    that our catolic and protestant experts have made the last centuries solely to affront them or honor them with "several exegets" or "bible commentators have said". Thus indirectly agreein that JWs are not in that educated profession.

A committee that stays anonyms is not professional. Nobody in the Bible exegetes profession in the last decades has ever known or seen
    an JW appearing on their conventions. They are only fraglantly copying our work and misusing it by adapting our discoveries to their needs.

The guidlines to the NW-translation are a confession of failure, copying the preface of the old green book, some fotos and already known facts but nothing about translation than adaption to the english language of the 21 century.

The Translation work is in reality a science on university level, there are instituts for old and new testament science and there are many professions to learn. I think of philology, orientalism, semitistic, archeology, methods of exegese, bibel sociology, hebraic studies,...

Bibel researchers have already published modern translation.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I wonder how often this "revised" Scripture will be used over the coming months and years!

OLD = Ecclesiastes 10:19 .........money is what meets a response in all things.

REVISED = Ecclesiastes 10:19)..........money answers every need.

• twice shy
    twice shy

Any other new thoughts on the new bible?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I agree that the new NWT has a more ominous, sinister plan in the making. I firmly believe that Tithing is on the radar, possibly also an earthshaking doctrinal change. The new NWT is just a smoke screen to make the change(s) less poignant and easy to sell the new doctrines

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit