New NWT - what's the REAL reason?

by wallsofjericho 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

one thing I have learned over the years is there is a clear, distinct purpose to everything the WTS does. EVERYTHING is done to accomplish a defined purpose.

Did they really print millions of new bibles just to be more accurate? after decades of toughting how much better the NWT was than any other bible?

whats the REAL reason they printed these bibles??? what is the doctrinal shift that is about to occur that will be buttressed by the new phraseology of the new NWT (NNWT)?

as I have mentioned on other threads (as well as many others) I believe this will be a symbolic 144k. But I don't think this will be the only shift.

This printing came at an ENORMOUS cost to the WTS. They didn't do this to change one or two doctrines... they are making BIG changes to their doctrines.

How many things could they possibly change???

• Londo111
    Londo111

What changes were made to the prooftexts of the 144000 in the Silver Sword?

• sir82
    sir82

They did slip the term "governing body" into the "preview" of the book of Hebrews.

Small "g" and "b" though - the current guys outrank those sorry peons Peter & Paul.

I think mainly, though, it was a cash grab.

How much do you imagine they raked in at all those tied-in assembly halls where it was released? $20 a head? $40? $100 per in the wealthier circuits?

I bet it costs them less than $10 to produce each one - maybe less than $5. Volunteer labor makes a big difference.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I think it is another attempt to build enthusiasm. I have never been a JW, but from what I have seen the older books, such as the Grand Climax at Hand, actually did have some (misguided) thought behind them, the new books and tracts are merely fluff and drivel, there is no real new information and they are all written to such a remedial level. Also to tack on to what the earlier poster stated, I am sure that they are more than recovering their costs....need to keep the presses and the volunteer labor busy!

• Heaven
    Heaven

They did slip the term "governing body" into the "preview" of the book of Hebrews.

Holy Shiite! This seems to be a beginning of trying to get this phrase actually into the Bible. Wow... just wow.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's a JW publication. So it's purpose is the same as every JW publication. That purpose is to reinforce JW dogma. Why the changes? If one carefully studied the NWT with an unbiased view, you could learn TTATT. There were many purposeful omissions in the index, changes in punctuation and so forth. The RNWT reflects the "current truth" of JWism without the red flags that could awaken a JW.

Since almost zero JWs really study the Bible, the odds of any JW doing a comparison between the NWT and the RNWT are vitually zero. In fact, any JW who has multiple Bible translations and a Concordance in their meeting briefcase will be eyed suspiciously. Also, the claim that the RNWT is the greatest bible ever is watchtarded to say the least. The claim is that "Christ's Brothers" are responsible for it, so it's the best in human history. This is easily disproven by considering the fact that many of the "revisions" were already correctly made by Christendom decades and decades ago in " false religious" versions of the bible.

DD

• 88JM
    88JM

Yeah I have to agree it was almost certainly was for $$$

Here it was also just before the special assembly day - elders were still handing them out to congregation members who hadn't been to the AGM meeting the previous weekend. The donations at the Special Assembly Day must have been the highest I've ever seen.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Sir, what page number shows "gb"? I don't see it in the "outline of contents" so I must be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks!

• Gregor
    Gregor

I agree with sir 82. They are at least doubling their invested cost. Maybe even more. Guaranteed sales. If there are new wiggle words in it, ho hum.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

If I were still in a new "bible" would have made me question them. It just doesn't add up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit