"This Generation" at the meeting today

by Batman89 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

@smiddy: you have some serious qualities there bro. You could really put everyone in the Writing department in your pocket with that clear, crisp reasoning. Oh, wait...never mind, they don't need you there. Forget about that.

I am thinking about my own family and if this will wake them up. Nope, this and nothing will, because sticking to this perversion is created in their own minds. Your mind is incredibly good at convincing yourself that you are right - even if you are wrong.

If you watch the MayDay (TV) series about plane crash investigations (I think it runs on National Geographics channel) you will see that experienced pilots see the ground coming at them with speed and still convince themselves that they are right.

Some of my family members are old now and have invested over 45 years of their Lifes to this shit of organization. Will they change now? No. They will hang on, because the investment is too big and losing on that sweet, sweet Paradise idea is just too big of a loss to bear. Their children will stay, because they will hurt mom and pops and get cut off from association...

....the madness will go on and on and on, until it comes crashing down. It's always a big, ugly, loud crash that will stop this.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what happens when you expect people to believe a lie. First, the real generation was supposed to be those alive when those words were spoken. The words were spoken in CE33, and the fulfillment happened in CE70. Of course, the lie of Revelation was written later and tied into it, presumably to frighten people into compliance with this communism-like religion of Christi-SCAM-ity. Even though it is still fiction, my interpretation is very simple and easy enough to understand (but impossible to frighten people into compliance with).

Then you add more lies on top of that lie. Trying to tie it somehow with 1914 creates a big mess that gets worse as time goes by and nothing happens. It supposedly happened in 70CE, and even that was nothing more than a fiction story. They are going to be stringing up generations like Christmas lights as more time goes by and nothing happens--that is, unless the whole mess of Christi-SCAM-ity is successful in generating World War III and full communism where it is vile to enjoy anything and life is supposed to be absolute misery comes. If that happens, the whole doctrine of "a generation", from the original story to all these revisions of the lie, will have done its job and will simply be dropped.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

If they are teaching 3 generations now, why not 4 or 5, when they are still alive 50 years from now?

The JW's I talk to say, "I can't tell you if it will be tomorrow, next Tuesday, or next year..."

To which I always add, "Or 133 years from now!"

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FW: If they are teaching 3 generations now, why not 4 or 5

They are teaching three groups of "anointed," of which only the first two comprise one, single "overlapping generation."

They are trying to explain why Armageddon hasn't come and yet still maintain a sense of urgency. They also are trying to address why the number of "anointed" are continuing to increase.

BTW, I'm not supporting, just reporting.

As far as I'm concerned it's a ridiculous mess.

It'd just be easier if they admitted they were wrong and have no idea if or when Armageddon is coming.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I saw an interview with Dave Mustaine ( Megadeth.....also raised as a JW). He said he believes in God because he first believed in the devil.

This new understanding of the new understanding of the new understanding is just mockery now. I bet the GB are just rolling on the floor laughing about this. They must video cameras in the halls , comparing the stupiest comments and just ROFL.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Maat13: What then is the significant difference. Is it that now, to QUALIFY (not quantify) as part of 'this generation', a person need no longer have been alive in 1914 (now overlapping) to form part of 'this generation'.

It's hard to tell from your post what is your own thought and what is quotes from Ray Franz.

However, the excerpt I quoted above is NOT what the new, revised "teaching" about the "anointed" and the "overlapping generation" is.

According to the w2014 1/15, to be part of the "overlapping generation" a person would have to have been "anointed" before the last person of the "first group" of anointed ones died.

It might help if you referred to the chart I posted on page 1 of this thread.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

some great points here. I particularly liked your observations smiddy re generation being somewhere around 50 years. Funny enough, one brother mentioned to me 'that was confusing' during the meeting. I just nodded and said you're not the only one. Afterwards whilst out walking with my wife 'who was brought up in the truth'. I said to her...what decade would you say 2 Tim 3: 1-6 really took off in the 20th century. She automatically said round about late 60's, early 70's. I then mentioned that Jesus said that no one knows the day or hour....so why are the society so dogmatic and fixated about 1914 etc. She just said yeah, but never said anything for or against it. I told her I believe in Jesus words only, not the writings of imperfect men.

• Batman89
    Batman89

im confused! sooo does this mean WT scrapped the idea about the annointed being sealed off in 1935?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm confused ! Sooo does this mean WT scrapped the idea about the annointed being sealed off in 1935 ? ___Batman89

It means " The light gets brighter and brighter, so the sheep are completely blind "

• sd-7
    sd-7

im confused! sooo does this mean WT scrapped the idea about the annointed being sealed off in 1935?

Yes, they already did that in 2007, actually.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit