"This Generation" at the meeting today

by Batman89 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OTWO: am I to understand that they are "refining" their overlap generation to say that the "overlap" is old and passing away now, so the end must be so so so so so (etc.) close?

Yes, I believe that's the case. They are trying (in desperation) to:

1. find a way to explain the ongoing addition of "anointed" partakers, including how we can have a GB member in his 40s that almost certainly did NOT profess to be of "the anointed" prior to Franz' death in 1992, and
    2. Maintain that peculiar sense of urgency so necessary to the JW mindset.
  • FatFreek 2005
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good righteous bullshit fed to the ignorant, naive and gullible.

Oh well thats humanity for you.

• Ding
    Ding

The fact that they have to keep making the generation teaching more and more complicated should be a wake up call that their whole interpretation is faulty.

But there are three things they have never bring themselves to say:

1. "We were wrong."

2. "Maybe some of the commentators of Christendom understood that better than we did."

3. "We have no idea what Jesus meant."

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Mat 24 is far and away the most quoted Bible passage by the Watchtower. It is great that one of their core doctrines from that passage makes no sense. Hopefully a few will continue to be awaken by the nonsense.

I agree that the concept that only the second group belongs to the overlapping generation has been done to create urgency. Of course as they die out, that part of the doctrine will be dropped, if the religion has not died out or morphed into something totally different by then.

Great image Oubliette, hope you don't mind if I use it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

jwfacts: Great image Oubliette, hope you don't mind if I use it.

Thanks! And yes, of course, you can use it!

I know I've made the "Big Time" as an apostate is some of my work is on jwfacts.com.

Let me know if you want me to make any tweaks to it. The software I used is really easy to work with. You have my email!

Oubliette

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

LOL..a brother answered and said there is "three" overlapping generations:

the one before 1914

the one after 1914

the one during our time today

the WT Conductor moved on to the next paragraph- didnt correct it or nothing since the paragraph said "two"

• Satanus
    Satanus

They make the official trinity definition look logical, by comparison.

S

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

bruh2012: a brother answered and said there is "three" overlapping generations

Perfect!

See, it's so confusing that only us "apostates" can even understand what they GB/FDS/WTBTS is trying to say.

And we think it's all bullsh*t!

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! - It's a cult!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Pretty soon they will say that it was a mis-translation and that the bible was really written so that Jesus said "this mullinium will by no means pass away"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit