What JW beliefs did you used to hate trying to defend?

by DuvanMuvan 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

As one of the jw "young ones" i was always expected to witness to my friends at school if i wanted to make god's heart glad or whatever but i didn't. The closest i ever got was just explaining why we didn't celebrate Christmasetc. Even then i was just reciting things i read in publications.

One topic i always tried to avoid talking about was birthdays. I'd drone on about how they are only mentioned in the bible twice and 2 people died but i never really got why we didn't. Luckily for me religion is a pretty boring topic of discussion at school so the subject was usually changed pretty quickly but if it had gone on any longer i would have been stuck.

I was just wondering if anyone else has found the same thing happened to them with any other belief? I also wanted to try and remember some conversation stoppers for the memorial because i'm expecting one of the elders at the kh (long story) to be really annoying and maybe get him to start questioning things for himself.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Christmas. I love Christmas.

Blood.

Disfellowshipping.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Those that were different from mainstream Christianity - all of them.

Sylvia

• watson
    watson

Blood.

But, "birthdays" is really the silliest of them all.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

1914 !! Ugh.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The One Towel Rule.

Rub a Dub

• kaik
    kaik

1. Transfussion
    2. Destruction of all unbelievers except JW regardless how guilty or innocent they were in Armageddon
    3. Flood
    4. UN as the beast of Revelation
  • prologos
    prologos

The superior Authorities: Jehovah, and Jesus:

clearly superior but

a typical wt 'ignore the context debacle.'

as my grandfather used to say: 'KALKED-UP reasoning'

• millie210
    millie210

Not being able to go in to a church for a wedding or because someone invited me to visit.....even though I invited them to visit the Kingdom Hall.

Same with not taking any literature from anyone....

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Birthdays. It never made sense to me even when I would explain it.

Accepting blood fractions but not whole blood.

144000 being a literal number.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit