What JW beliefs did you used to hate trying to defend?

by DuvanMuvan 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I hated to hear how great Lot was. I found this story to be disgusting. He was an opportunist who abused his family and allowed others to do so for his own benefit.

I hated to have to defend how wise Solomon was. His wisdom clearly did not extend to simple economics. He burdened his nation with excess taxes so he could live a lavish life style. Then he had hundreds of kids. There is no faster way to dissolve wealth than by having an excess number of children fighting over the pot of gold after your death.

I also hated defending birthdays and Christmas and the general distain for all holidays.

• designs
    designs

Armageddon- the morality just doesn't make sense.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks you all for creating this list, my wife is back to an 'on again' study due to some misfortunes in her life...thats the way it normally rolls with her, and these would be some good things to try to nonchalantly bring up if the study conductor is around, always enjoy them squirming!

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Thanks everyone for contributing. Did anyone ever try to use those "suggestion" paragraphs in the reasoning book to try and stop these conversation stoppers? I can honestly say they never helped me once

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

anything to do with money...... and it just got harder.....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The "Reasoning" book was full of crap I now realise, it should have been entitled "Non reasoning that has nothing to do with the Scriptures".

When I used to lead F.S groups I used to spend a few minutes showing the Bros and Sis' how to really get past the "Stoppers", most of 'em didn't catch on though, and were amazed that I could spend time chatting at each door I found someone to answer, whatever the objection. They would be miles ahead of me along the street, having not really spoken to anyone.

Most of the friends were not really cut out to be Salesmen, which is all we were.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Those four scriptures scattered all over the bible to explain the seven times ending in 1914. I found it embarrassing. It didn't make sense to me and I could see it didn't make sense to the householder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit