Oh come on!!! seriously?? This weeks wt study!

by stuckinarut2 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JW GoneBad: Mark Sanderson is 49

Yes. It is likely that Mark Sanderson did not begin partaking until AFTER Fred Franz died in 1992. This means that Sanderson is categorically NOT a member of the "second part" of the "overlapping generation." This is, I believe, the reason why this week's WT came up with the third group of "anointed ones."

Thus, not every anointed person today is included in “this generation” of whom Jesus spoke.- WT, January 15, 2014, p. 31, paragraph 16

Classic cult damage control to explain away Marky-Mark.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Oubliette, the absurdities in this article are just too many!

WT is literally playing with fire!

I had an older faithful sister (out of sincerity of heart) mention to me after meeting that 'the GB are not getting older....they're getting younger'! So she too was taken back by some of the statements in this study article. Hopefully this will be the beginning of her awakening.....and countless others too.... as grains of sand of the sea!

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

I feel some of your pain Stuckinarut2, another wasted weekend.

Hey Leaving_Quietly do you think maybe the GB should be sent back to first grade and properly learn the English language.

One of the more convoluted watchtowers of late, and I had to read the thing. It was an exercise in self-control to be sure. I busied myself with underlining how many times thy reuse key words and phrases like “soon.” I love how they start out talking about blindness like they even know what spiritual perception is. To the GB it seems it means throwing scriptures together to fit their Idiotology. To R&F spirituality is ones obedience to the GB and acting in harmony with their will, and how well they are able to explain watchtower doctrines. I find it sad how these people who claim to be so loving and peaceful advocate mass murder and destruction. One sweet elderly sister commented roughly “How glad our King will soon execute all these ones against him and put an end to their suffering.”

That comment started me thinking that aren’t the horseman sent by God? If that is so then Jehovah is really the one responsible for all the suffering of the last century. Or if 1914 was the enthronement of King Jesus and He was to go complete his conquest where is he now? Did maybe he lose the war in heaven and now we are wholly ruled by Satan or that he won and He just likes to watch us humans suffer down here. It’s great how they just say some of their expectations didn’t come true in 1914 in par. 14. I don’t know, it’s all so stupid, what do you think. Maybe someone more experienced on this could start a new thread, Who sends the Horseman? Or something.

Peace,

WIT?

• Stirred
    Stirred

I had a hard time with this WT. had my youngs ones and my BS w/ her young ones there. I decided to look up some gobal statistics to use in comment on how we are getting closer to end. My young ones noticed that violent crime in U.S. stats have fallen since 2008. Other stats not helping the matter. We are going to research these third party stats. This way, I have verified evidence either way. I am trying to figure out how to go forward with my BS and kids though nomFS for 4 months now. I still enjoy aspects of meeting and want to serve Jehovah and Jesus. This new light and other interpretations really bug me though.....perhaps less than the lack of love many have shown. Peace

• sir82
    sir82

One lovely elder at my hall waxed lyrical about" the good ole days of the 1950's when the police had the power to persecute homosexuals".

LOL - we had a similar comment in our meeting....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi Bigmac...yes I think you will find that many current faders post while at the hall!

Got to love the approval of having ipads at the hall! It gives us a window to the "evil internet apostates" while in the hall....

Its better than staring blankly out of the literal window....

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I have to suffer through this later today. I noted in the margin just one thing next to the word "generation": N-NMS (Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular ). How in the world do they get "two" (two is plural, right???) from a SINGULAR word????

At the meeting, I pointed out to my S.O. the fact that the paragraph discussing the 1914 generation had scriptural referernces aplenty to back it up, but the paragraph describing the second, overlapping generation offered nary a verse to back it up.

I left it as "hmmm...we should do some research on this. They must have some other article that actually included the Bible verses that support this."

• Stirred
    Stirred

Par 15: 1st Group

There are only two scriptures cited: Matt 24:33-35, Rom 8:14-17 which neither one mentions multiple groups within a generation.

Par 16: 2nd and 3rd Groups

Again, Matt 24:34 is used which again is a single generation but I see no correlation with to jump in interpretation to meathrow groups. 2 Pet 3:13 is also used, perhaps to round out using two scriptures in each paragraph but certainly adds no light on this point for me.

Proverbs 30:5-6 comes to mind.

I am truly disappointed and am prepping for my Bible studies later in the week and for further discussion with my adolescent kids.

Peace

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stirred: Proverbs 30:5-6 comes to mind

“Every word of God is flawless;
    he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
    Do not add to his words,
    or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Great point!

What is a "meathrow group"?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One lovely elder at my hall waxed lyrical about" the good ole days of the 1950's when the police had the power to persecute homosexuals".

Ah yes, I thought, the good ole days when the police could beat you up for being black, gay or female. Things were so much better then.

........................................................................................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit