Oh come on!!! seriously?? This weeks wt study!

by stuckinarut2 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'm sitting here at the mtg, and I can't believe the mind numbing stupidity of this weeks wt "study"...( I use the word study loosely too by the way...)

how many dumb repeated questions can be posed to try and make a point?

The opening paragraph illustration re blindness is classic! How appropriate is it for the wt to speak of people looking for something, yet being so blind to what is in front of them?

Im going insane. Just had to post this thread to try and cope.....

• finally awake
    finally awake

stay strong, and try not to vomit!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I hear ya stuckinarut2,

One lovely elder at my hall waxed lyrical about" the good ole days of the 1950's when the police had the power to persecute homosexuals".

Ah yes, I thought, the good ole days when the police could beat you up for being black, gay or female. Things were so much better then.

• never a jw
    never a jw

I missed the good old days of institutionalized racism, lower levels of education, segregated education, less women attending college. Go a little farther back and you get slavery, women disenfranchised, much lower life expectancy, infants dying at a much higher rates. Yes I can see how much worse we got it today: equality for homosexuals and women, better child protection, higher standards of living, higher literacy rates, even animal rights, etcetera. I missed the good old days of "leave it to Beaver" ideal life in the white middle class suburbs. I missed those days when sexual child abuse would go undetected and unreported, black people were segregated and even lynched just for being black. Today things are horrible. How dare young people question the repressive and oppressive values of older generations.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

It's going to be all I can do to not tut derisively out loud ....

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

They should be running around in loin cloths. Backward bunch of half-wits.

• zebagain
    zebagain

Many people see the past through rose tinted glasses..

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Gawd its just about to start here.

• 88JM
    88JM

This is really bad having to sit through this. Nauseating.

• jemba
    jemba

You poor things I wish you could all be out enjoying your sunny Sunday like me, at the beach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit