I Heard A Longtime Elder, Recently Deleted, Announced To Congregation That He Was Publicly Disassociating Himself!

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I heard that it happened a couple of days ago. He's in his 60's, was a prominent Bethelite from a long line of Bible Student/JW family.

Another one bites the dust.

• humbled
    humbled

I would love the details, Minimus. Any chance we'll get some?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh, I would so wish it were friends of mine. It would make me so happy.

LoisLane

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Except that I faded, I could imagine being asked to do the announcements and saying this:

"Brother Brown-Nose's group has the cleaning tonight. Brother Ultra-Boring from another congregation is giving the talk this Sunday. Brother Ass-Kisser is looking for people to work with the C.O. in a few weeks. AND this will be my last announcements and meeting ever as I cannot put up with this shit anymore. As of this moment, I am disassociating myself and want nothing whatsoever to do with Jehovah's Witnesses. Now, Brother Long-Winded has the next part called 'Listen, Obey, Be Blessed.'"

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In my old congregation there was a MS who knew his priviledges would be removed...so he actually resigned from the platform while doing a ministry school part. You should have seen the look of stupor in the face of the elder conducting the school...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OTWO ... I'm ROTF LMFAO!!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It would take balls of steel for an elder to get up infront of the entire congregation to resign saying something like this:

Dear brothers I have come to know beyound a doubt that the Governing Body's new teaching that they alone are the Faithful and Discreet Slave is proof that they are very delusional and not to be trusted.

I say this only because I feel responcible before God and man to warn you about these psychos before they take you for everything your worth and left with nothing but broken dreams and promises from these ego maniac called the Governing Body of God's earthly Organization.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Agree with Oub, that was hysterical! Don't you wish....LOL!!!

• prologos
    prologos

The 'aspiring-to-privileges' brother at the controls would be severely chastised for not squelching the volume button on these VERY GOOD scenarios.

the sacred control is lost if you dont control the buttons.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I am looking forward to the day when I can do the same

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit