Anyone been watchtower conductor

by Saltheart Foamfollower 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone been watchtower conductor?

..........Thinking Is Not An Option..........................Raaah!.......Raah!

.........Play The Watchtowers Tune....................Raaah!..Raah!..Raaah!....................

..................................................My Brain Hurts..

.........................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Wow I feel like I've made it now - Outlaw's posted to my topic

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm going to re-read them a few times before I decide what to do. I probably wont be asked now.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

NewYork44M laid out the format perfectly. I still remember when I first started attending. I was asked to be a WT reader. I was in college and could correctly pronounce all the words and make it sound professional. One time, the conductor ran out of time, and of course it was my fault even though he spent 20 minutes on the first 5 paragraphs! He called an immediate meeting after the regular meeting with all WT readers. After listening to his rant for a few minutes, I raised my hand and pointed out that the society recommends that the conductor spend a minimum amount of time on the introductory paragraphs. Needless to say, I wasn't used to often after that in this congregation for that 'privilege'.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm not ready to exit or even fade yet as it would cause too many family problems. One elderly relative seems to have dementia and the upset could prove fatal, so I will wait until the natural course of events happens (that sounds heartless - I am just being vague to protect my identity. I will be devastated when it happens)

Sometimes people need a push in the right direction. Your family member has dementia, and if you are correct about about the exit or fade, then there is still a bunch of steps in-between. Your family member will not really even notice if you were not the Watchtower Conductor. Stick to your guns- don't take that assignment. That was the best advice.

As far as being able to help others with subtle comments, it won't work. The comments would have to be pretty bold to even be noticed. I would forget this. The worst that happens if they insist you should do the Watchtower and you insist you don't is that they suggest you step aside or remove you as an elder. That would be lovely. I would step aside in a heartbeat using that excuse. Tell your relative (and others) that you are now free to spend more energy helping and being with your loved one rather than doing talks and preparing for every Sunday Watchtower study. That's way better than subtleness.

And I bet you don't get removed as an elder. So where I would step aside, you could probably keep serving. But you gotta move even the tiniest step toward freedom instead of taking a backstep.

• cofty
    cofty

I was WT conductor. One of my last meetings was the WT review at the circuit assembly.

I agree with OTWO start taking steps in the direction out not further in. It may be the wrong time to leave all of a sudden but why not get your relatives and others used to the idea that you are no longer 100%?

You are an elder so you know how to play it to avoid getting too much heat from the other elders.

I seriously doubt you can do anything useful to make people think by the way you conduct the study.

• thedog1
    thedog1

I am a wt study conductor. I had to fake an excuse to not take the wt this weekend as I could not support the mad generation teaching. Not sure what will happen from here on in. Am very close to resigning.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You're wasting your time whatever you say will just go over their heads they will never see the connections with their own religion. Unless you come out and say something obvious and then they will rail at you and call you an apostate they are truly brainwashed......Sad

• never a jw
    never a jw

Am I missing something? Time and time again I read that the JW's will not wake up, but time and time again a new person reveals that he learned TTATT. Which is it? Evidently the latter is very likely factual, while the former is a supposition of the state of mind of other people. I rather interpret the actions of people than rely in my ability to read minds. I believe people are waking up at greater rates than ever before.

Be a stealth apostate if you can handle it. Doing nothing willl not wake up anyone, while your efforts inside will give a chance to someone.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Actually,the conductor is mainly there to ask the questions,and isn't supposed to add to much of his own comments,maybe a couple.

If you take the assignment,no one is probably really paying attention,just don't run over,lol.

I'm sorry about your relative,but maybe it's a good time to take less responsibility,not more.

• DJS
    DJS

TheDog,

I understand. I got to that point before the Internet and all of its glory and before I completely knew that the Borg was a cult. I just knew I was sick of the control and the nonsensical 'study' articles. The contolling language made me see red. You have the luxury of this site and others and know quite well the Borg is completely crap. To you and those like you who remain in, for whatever reasons, my deep respect. I could never have done it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit