Anyone been watchtower conductor

by Saltheart Foamfollower 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

never a jw: Am I missing something? Time and time again I read that the JW's will not wake up, but time and time again a new person reveals that he learned TTATT. Which is it?

You raise an interesting question.

Has anyone ever "woken up" to TTATT because of a comment that someone made at a meeting? Although I've never heard of that happening, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I know for myself that I "woke up" because of several converging lines of evidence:

• Blatant hypocrisy of JWs on every level: from the local elders to the COs to the GB
    • Academic dishonesty in the publications: they rarely cite their sources and when they do they are often taken out of context and/or misquoted
    • Nonsensical doctrinal changes made without any tangible, reasonable evidence
    • The constant manipulation and psychological abuse
    • The UN/NGO scandal

There are somethings, such as the pedophile controversy, I only came to know about after I'd "woken up" and left. Although I'd heard about it before, I didn't know enough to realize that this too (as well as other issues I only learned about after the fact) was sufficient to prove that this is NOT God's Organization and Holy Spirit ain't got nothin' to do with it.

As I said before, I was an elder for two decades. The last 6 or 7 years I started editing all of my meeting parts, public talks and comments such that I only said things that I personally believed. No one ever said a thing to me about it. Not once. If they noticed, they kept it to themselves.

I recently was able to ask someone that knew me during all that time if they noticed that I changed my talks and would never comment on certain subjects. They said they did not notice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit