Audio of Detroit Propaganda Video

by kneehighmiah 54 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I couldn't take video to avoid blowing my cover. The audio quality could be better. Can anyone enhance it?

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Please tell me how to upload audio.

• baltar447
    baltar447

PM me

• kneehighmiah
  • baltar447
    baltar447

Cool

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

So.... the brothers love us more than we love ourselves...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What was the setting of this recording? A local meeting trying to "build excitement"?

It sounds pretty desperate actually. Everything that is in quotes is a "direct quote" from this recording:

@ 2:28: "The seats are gorgeous! ... there's room for wheelchairs ... there will be reserved seating for the elderly ... there are handrailings on all the [unintelligible]!"

The restrooms have lots of stalls and are very clean. They are "state of the art!"

WTF!?!?

The venue is air-conditioned. This is somehow PROOF of Jehovah's Spirit. My car has A/C. Does that mean Jah is my co-pilot?

Are these people out of their f*cking minds!!!

What a "wonderful opportunity" this convention will be. The "Governing Body is demonstrating their love" by having an assembly in a venue that has A/C and bathrooms. Are these people for real? McDonalds has bathrooms and A/C. So does the local mall.

"It's going to be like an explosion of love!" - Personally, I prefer when my friend's love does NOT explode. When my love explodes it gets messy.

"While we're going to be in a beautiful facility, the parking situation will be a bit of a challenge." - OK, so where was Holy Spirit when I needed to park?

Fortunately "our brothers" are working overtime to find parking nearby. "We will be provided for."

"The parking situation will take care of itself ... Jehovah's spirit ... it's gonna' work out!

My personal favorite: "Our brothers in the Branch office really care about us, they care about our comfort, they care about our cars ... [they] truly love us more than we love us!" - 7:38 - 7:55

Well God damn! The brothers in the Branch Office care about my car. That is good to know. That is so fucking reassuring. But I still wanna' know, where the hell was Holy Spirit was when it came to the "parking situation"? How come Holy Spirit isn't caring about my car? My car is cool! I like my car. Why doesn't Holy Spirit like my car?

Moving on with more inane banter:

"This is such a special, momentous occasion!"

"And we want to obey!"

"We should be overjoyed to do so, and to obey!"

"We glorify and magnify the magnificence of our Heavenly Father"

OK, what kind of moron says we should "magnify the magnificence" of anything? These people are idiots. Did I really use to be one of them? Really?

OMG! If I didn't know better, I'd think this was a spoof of JW ridiculousness.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So I'm guessing the average IQ of the people talking on this recording is well below room temperature on a cold winter's day.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

What is this? I don't understand. Is Detroit getting a hard time getting people to go to this convention?

Who is being shown this video!?

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

They even mentioned the cup holders on the chairs and the large mega tv that will show the speakers and dramas. (Appealing to the materialistic aspect of christians?)

I can't believe that WTBTS seem's desperate. One brother in the recording mentioned that this might be the last time we can assemble like this. Uhhummm. They are expecting 90,000 people as per the recording.

It makes me wonder what kind of deal WTBTS has made with either the Detroit city council or the Michigan governor and how much money is involved in bringing a convention boasting 90,000 in attendance to Detroit.

So WTBTS threw a party and no one wants to go to it.....Priceless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit