What Counts As Knowledge

by HildaBingen 41 Replies latest jw friends

• City Fan
    City Fan

Who's the scary guy in red ? (and I don't mean Darth Maul.)

• cyrano
    cyrano

Hey Beans, how do you put a picture in the posted message??

I've tried to copy, but it doesn't work.

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Hilda,

I would find it much easier to read and respond to your posts if you would drop the fake accent. It adds nothing to your credibility. It is distracting.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• Soledad
    Soledad
    society not against degree

They're not???

The Watchtower, March 15, 1969, "What Influences Decisions in Your Life?".

Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a ­future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. The world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! ... Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!

OH but this is old light!!! What was true 33 years ago is no longer true today, I get it now!! Thus, the WTS always has the truth because they change it!!! [8>]

• r51785
    r51785

Hildy,

It is better to remain silent and merely look stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

So why don't you grab some Watchtowers and go stand quietly in front of a donut shop and perform your "Christian Ministry."

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

seekers of truth are generally humble, and recognise that they have not yet found the whole truth.

those who say they have the truth, are generally arrogant and seek to enforce their truth on others.

sadly the WTS has gone from being something like a seeker of truth in russels time - to now saying that they have the truth.

therefore, they claim that if you disagree with anything, even tho they may themselves change that "truth" in later years, you are an apostate, and you must either repent and submit to them or face expulsion.

i submit this as an argument -- if you rreally have the "truth" , there is no need to force anyone to do anything about it..

• tdogg
    tdogg

Me not agree with nothing noboday say. You seem have problem understand engrish. JW not know no truth. Maybe you need somebody translate, some smart man much smart that you and me. Maybe Tarzan come and splain it better, hims engrish much gooder me. If he not around maybe I get Tonto if he not buisy with Lone Ranger. Him very wise and can speak Injun too in case you speak. Them have lotta knowlegde.

• SYN
    SYN

LOL, thanks Englishman, that knife should have said "Keep away from people who think like children!" Engrish rocks man! Heh...

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Actually though, I agree with you. A degree doesn't make you more intelligent.
    I've got one and look at me!....
    .LOL

Hi Hilda,
    Could you explain Christ words at John 11:25,26?

"Jesus said to her;"I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. Do you beleive this?

Isn't that a contradiction? He says if you beleive and die, then says you will not die if you beleive. How can that statement be true?

Any ideas?

Ken P.

bttt

Life sucks...get a helmet
    http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html
  • Bang
    Bang

He that exercises faith in me?

Who comes up with that stuff?

Bang

Share this

Google+