What Counts As Knowledge

by HildaBingen 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hilda,

Just face up to it and you'll feel much better for it. The simple facts are that JW's are not very intelligent generally. How can they be, when their questioning processes have been taken over by a magazine publishing company?

This is why so many ex's are looking for an opportunity for further education. Remember too, that further education teaches people to ask questions, it's not simply about assimilating facts and figures.

Englishman.

• AMarie
    AMarie

Englishman:

Don't forget that we were all JWs at one time. I don't think JWs have low IQs, they're just heavily indoctrinated and controlled. It's very frightening for them to imagine life without the organization.

My younger sister is a good example; She has an amazingly high IQ and is a JW. She was actually approached in High School by Navy recruters about joing some type of Nuclear Science training since her ASVAP scores were so high. The Armed forces would pay for all of here schooling, and upon graduation, he salary would begin at $60,000 (not counting her $5,000 bonus each year). She didn't have to go to boot camp, nor would she be called upon in a war to fight. However, she wasn't allowed take their offer because it was associated with the armed forces (as recommended by the elders).

What is she doing these day you may ask??? Waitressing.

• SYN
    SYN

Engrish has thrown down the gauntlet by insulting my people about iq.
    http://www.engrish.com

Besides fact that iq bogus, Engrish overlook nother fact.
    AHAHAHAHA! Look at the way that was written. Oh, yeah, baby! I think you're overlooking nother fact!

What is intelligence? What is knowledge?
    Well, this little rambling of yours is about as far away from both as you can logically get LOL

What are the conditions under which one is justified in calling someone smart? If a person have lots head facts but lack comprehension or misapprehends ultimate reality, do person really know?
    I don't know if person really know, man. Do person really know? Maybe know person cannot! ROFL!

jw grasp utlimately reality to a great degree.
    Ow, stop doing that, my sides are aching from all the laughter already! Have you read Farkel's excellent post, "JW's - Selling Air"? If I could "utlimately" grasp reality like Dubs could, sheesh, I wouldn't need that University degree after all!

they have truth.
    ROFLMAO! Yeah, sure, I'm certain they have the Truth this week. But what about next month? Say, since you appear to be a strident, active Dub, could you fill us in on the latest Blood Policy changes please? Quotes could use some more material for his site, I'm sure

that thing which others grope after.
    Is this Beans' "Bag Squeezing" thread sort of groping?

We would rather have a high spiritual iq
    I guess I must be a "spiritual moron" then! LOL!

and have real knowledge than be filled with grabage English consider knowledge. Who needs university degree?
    ROFLMFLAO! LOL! I really don't think you're the type of person to lecture us about "grabage English". Who needs a University Degree indeed? I know one thing, Hilda, you need a frikking spell-checker!

Hilda in Christ
    Where in Christ?

LOL

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Valis
    Valis

E, Hilda probably never heard of that thing called critical thinking, which complements those facts and figures one accumultates with any college education. It doesn't take a critical thinker to blindly follow an org, or take the bible in its entirety as the one and only "truth".

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

SYN,

Wonderful post!

Wonderful site too.

I loved this:

Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hilda in all honesty-I would like you to explain to me Why the bible says "do this in rememberance of me( when passing the emblems_)
    UNTIL He comes.....Then they say He came in 1914( invisably) so PLEASE explain to me WHY do they still pass the emblems........
    Did He or didnt he come??- I have asked elders they cannot answer. Since your such a knowledgeable one ,here is where you can count your time....

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

I must say I agree with AMarie. I too used to be a JW. I bristled a little at the comment that JW's are not intelligent generally. JW's are controlled, coerced, and mostly fearful of anything outside the org.

I consider myself to have been intelligent enough to leave the JW's. I also am more intelligent now as an ex-JW and yes, that is due in part, to more education. Part of that education came form college, but a lot of it came from experiencing life on the outside.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

{yawn}

• cyrano
    cyrano

Also Hilda,

Explain why the watchtower teaches Christ came invisibly, but Matthew 24:27 says "For as lightning that comes from the east IS VISIBLE even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." (caps mine)

• Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit