What Counts As Knowledge

by HildaBingen 41 Replies latest jw friends

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dutch:

:You may truly believe that you have spiritual knowledge that you are defending your faith, but the faith that you have has no substance, it hinges on empty promises of everlasting life proffered to you and "your people" in the hope that you will spend time and money making converts in order for those converts to do the same thing.:

Promises of eternal life not empty. Have you read bible? Titus 1:2 say God promised everlasting life. Brother Paul also tell me in Titus 1:2 that God cannot lie. Who should I believe? You or brother Paul and God?

• Valis
    Valis

Hilda, just tell me which troll you really are and be done with it. While you're at it consider the fact that no intelligent person would ever claim they could grasp ultimate reality. Spend less time on this board and more time in service. Perhaps your ultimate reality is waiting at the next door...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

:But it would have been nice to have had the chance to study for one.
    JW's simply don't have that choice!:

We know jw with degree. society not against degree. they say just do not forget God when you study it. They also know about the iq fiction of modernity.

:However, I can't agree with you on JWs being the only ones with a high spiritual IQ and the only ones with "ultimate truth". I have met many many non-JW Christians who have a very close personal relationship with god and who are very fulfilled. Truth is all a matter of perception. My viewpoint on certain matters may not be like yours, due to our upbringing being different, our environment being different, personality differences and our experiences being different.:

We respectfully disagree. Truth not a matter of perception. Truth is ontotheological--not epistemological. Truth is not transcendental, subjective or dependent on human noos. If there were no rational perceiving cognizers on planet, there would still truth. Augustine wrote that truth is God and God ius truth. We know him, baby.

Mystic love.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Hilda,

Could you explain Christ words at John 11:25,26?

"Jesus said to her;"I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. Do you beleive this?
    Isn't that a contradiction? He says if you beleive and die, then says you will not die if you beleive. How can that statement be true?

Any ideas?

Ken P.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hilda writes:

"We respectfully disagree. Truth not a matter of perception. Truth is ontotheological--not epistemological. Truth is not transcendental, subjective or dependent on human noos. If there were no rational perceiving cognizers on planet, there would still truth. Augustine wrote that truth is God and God ius truth. We know him, baby."

This is proof positive that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

How is it that Hilda/Mystic that you can spell, your grammar seems fine in your first posts and now you find it hard to spell simple words?

Why are you avoiding answering questions others and I have put to you? You tell Happyman that you should not "teach" him because you are a woman and he a man. If that’s the case Hilda/Mystic cover that head of yours and remember your "place" as the WTBTS defines.

You continue to speak out of both sides of your mouth and ignore answering questions put to you.

Stop hiding under that rock, and acting a coward.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• AMarie
    AMarie

Hilda Said:

We respectfully disagree. Truth not a matter of perception. Truth is ontotheological--not epistemological. Truth is not transcendental, subjective or dependent on human noos. If there were no rational perceiving cognizers on planet, there would still truth. Augustine wrote that truth is God and God ius truth. We know him, baby.

I still disagree. After being a JW, I had the chance to speak with priests from different churches about why they believe as they do. Just as JWs will show you how "false" religions supposedly twist scriptures, these priests made perfect sense of their doctrines and why they believe them. I didn't have a rebuttle to what they were showing me.

I believe your love of god and devotion to him is what matters the most. Perhaps you feel that while being a JW, but I didn't. It took me leaving the religion that proclaims to have "the truth" to really learn to love god and have compassion for my fellow man and I'm sure the majority of the posters here can say the same thing.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It is the use of Knowledge, called Wisdom, that one measures by.

• cyrano
    cyrano

Hilda, if the watchtower is the 'truth' why do they teach so many lies?

You sound like you belive the watchtower is 'truth' because they told you so.

Have you ever done any outside-independent research to verify their claim of 'truths'? Or you just took their word for it?

Why is it they don't want you to read anything critical of the watchtower? Can you not defend your faith?

Hilda, you have been decieved by a clever organization that took 15 years away from my life. How many years will you let it get from you?

Some thoughts...

Why do they teach Jerusalem was destroyed in 607BCE when it wasn't?

Why did they teach aluminum was poisonous when it was not?

Why did they teach organ transplants were a sin when it was not?

Why did they teach the 1914 generation when it was wrong?

Why do they false prophesy of 1914, 1925, 1975, and 2000?

How can you claim to have the 'truth' if someone says so but you never checked them out? They don't want you to check them out - because they know you will discover they are wrong.

Do yourself a favor and do some honest INDEPENDENT research into the watchtower. You will be scared because your not supposed to do this.. do it any way because your freedom depends on it.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Hilda says:

"society not against degree"

City Fan says just go up to next elder you see and say "Brother Elder - I've decided to go to university for the next 4 years to study for a Masters degree in Palaeontology - what's your advice?"

See what answer you get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit