What Counts As Knowledge

by HildaBingen 41 Replies latest jw friends

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Engrish has thrown down the gauntlet by insulting my people about iq. Besides fact that iq bogus, Engrish overlook nother fact.

What is intelligence? What is knowledge? What are the conditions under which one is justified in calling someone smart? If a person have lots head facts but lack comprehension or misapprehends ultimate reality, do person really know?

jw grasp utlimately reality to a great degree. they have truth. that thing which others grope after. We would rather have a high spiritual iq and have real knowledge than be filled with grabage English consider knowledge. Who needs university degree?

• dmouse
    dmouse

Yeah, there's a lot of 'grabage' about lately.

Actually though, I agree with you. A degree doesn't make you more intelligent. I've got one and look at me!

I know lots of people without degrees and they can run rings around me.

Also, there are different types of intelligences. Some men can run a multi-million doller business yet not know how to change a toilet roll.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I had to laugh, Hilda...when I saw the book "The Case For Christ" advertised below your name....You should read it sometime...dont worry...it wasnt written by an apostate.

Lizard

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Instead of talking about "university degrees", have you considered sticking to Junior High School?
    That's where they teach you how to spell properly.
    (And, so as not to confuse you, that's spell properly NOT spell the WORD 'properly').

I live in a shack and I poop in an outhouse.

• happy man
    happy man

hello Hilda
    i am an ongoing JW, but something is trubbeling mee, we read in the bookstudie, abaout the slav and that he was telling us that crist take the power in heaven 1914,and they talk a lot of diffrent profethis 1918, 1919.
    But when i read inn old books as i have, written inn 1920 centuri, they say the last days start 1799, and jesus come to hevaen 1874.
    I dont find this understanding as we now have before 1942, and then in begginingof 1950 it was more clearly understood,BUT WHY IS GOV BODY TELLING US THINGS WHO DONT IS THE WHOLE TRUTH, very confusing.

• cyrano
    cyrano

Your joking right?

The problem with 'truth' is that what was 'true' ten years ago is now no longer true. What is 'true' now will no longer be 'true' in ten years. And if 'truth' can change every year then it's not really 'true' is it??

Maybe one day you will understand the wathctower company doesn't teach the 'truth'. They just need poorly educated, uninformed gullable people such as yourself to pawn off their cult magizine trash and keep them in business. That is the real 'truth'.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Hilda, you write:

"lack comprehension or misapprehends ultimate reality"

Don't you see that you have described yourself? Your reality is compromised because you live in a world invented for you by the WTBTS.

You may truly believe that you have spiritual knowledge that you are defending your faith, but the faith that you have has no substance, it hinges on empty promises of everlasting life proffered to you and "your people" in the hope that you will spend time and money making converts in order for those converts to do the same thing.

Your blind allegiance to what is essentially a publishing company operating under the guise of religion is something to be pitied. I really believe that you are better than that.

Real intelligence would allow you to see things just as they are and spur you on to the action of separating yourself from those who spin their web of falsehoods and deceit.

Until then, any real intelligence that you might poccess will be wasted on an organization that insists on doing all the thinking for you.

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Brother happy:

:i am an ongoing JW, but something is trubbeling mee, we read in the bookstudie, abaout the slav and that he was telling us that crist take the power in heaven 1914,and they talk a lot of diffrent profethis 1918, 1919.
    But when i read inn old books as i have, written inn 1920 centuri, they say the last days start 1799, and jesus come to hevaen 1874.
    I dont find this understanding as we now have before 1942, and then in begginingof 1950 it was more clearly understood,BUT WHY IS GOV BODY TELLING US THINGS WHO DONT IS THE WHOLE TRUTH, very confusing.:

Read proverbs 4:18, brother. I, as a sister, should not teach you. but just read proverbs and think about how early people of God came to right understanding after many years. My Engrish is limited. I trust you know what i say doh. ask elders about this too.

• City Fan
    City Fan

dmouse - you're right

"A degree doesn't make you more intelligent"

But it would have been nice to have had the chance to study for one.
    JW's simply don't have that choice!

• AMarie
    AMarie

Hilda:

I'm sorry to hear that somebody made a blanket statement about the IQ of your religion. In each and every religion, you will find those with both high and low IQs and you are right, a college degree doesn't always mean somebody is intelligent.

However, I can't agree with you on JWs being the only ones with a high spiritual IQ and the only ones with "ultimate truth". I have met many many non-JW Christians who have a very close personal relationship with god and who are very fulfilled. Truth is all a matter of perception. My viewpoint on certain matters may not be like yours, due to our upbringing being different, our environment being different, personality differences and our experiences being different.

AMarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit