A suggestion for Fading Dubs. STOP SINGING!!!

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I recommend not singing or, if you must, just lip-sync. And, finding parodies to lip sync to will help to a degree. As long as you can throw off the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's damnation working, it will have less power. Granted, not as good as not being there at all. But, it is better than not trying to vibrate the words in the song. And, given how dismal those songs sound, it isn't hurting anyone.

While you are at it, I recommend getting rid of whatever new Kingdumb maladies you chance to have. Cassettes can be erased--I triple erased mine with a bulk eraser, then recorded whatever music I felt like on top of it (triple erasing with a bulk eraser prevents any subliminal vibrations from surviving--each trip through the eraser nurfs it by 60-80 dB, and a triple run through the eraser plus being erased just before recording nurfs it by more than 120 dB. Most audio equipment cannot reliably reproduce things below -90 dB, so you have 30 dB of safety margin to play with.) With vinyl LPs and CDs, you are out of luck since they cannot be erased, but you can ruin them. Mini discs can be erased--a single erasing will do fine, since either the file will play or it will not (and, if you have another file on top of it, the original file is lost.) MP3 files, likewise, can be deleted.

Obviously, the less you are exposed to this smut, the better. Get rid of your Kingdumb maladies--if you must have something to appease the hounders, I recommend dummy labeling them. This means placing CD-R discs recorded with real music on discs to be stored in the boxes meant for Kingdumb maladies. This means having MP3 files of your favorite songs, but editing the titles so any snooping hounder is going to think they are Kingdumb maladies. If you must go to boasting sessions, try drowning out the Kingdumb maladies. While you might not be able to physically drown them out (as many of us used to do with headphones at work when Christmas music was going), you can try focusing on your favorite song(s) during the singing. Do not sing the Kingdumb malady--you may have your book open to the page but do not try following along. You might also try doing a simple void meditation during the song and prayer. Or, try and stay focused on a single mantra. Suryaye is a fine mantra to focus on mentally during the prayer and song.

During the talks, however, drifting off to sleep is a good way to have them embedded on your subconscious. You might not be able to recall what they were saying, but it is on your soul. You are in a trance while they are putting joke-hova's communist government ahead of material things, you have your mind programmed to poverty and your soul repels wealth. If you must go at all, simply practice some type of meditation. You will not be able to do anything that audibly vibrates anything. But, you can focus on feeling energy, working on chakras, or whatever you see fit. You can also meditate on the fact that Saturn is headed for Sagittarius, and use the time to prepare for the coming financial crisis instead of donating to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. Even void meditation, though I recommend that for shorter periods since it is too easy to drift off into a trance after 10 minutes or more, and then absorb the smut.

Those who are free to do so, you can blow it off and not go at all.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

What I have noticed at the meetings these past few months is that there are certain songs which are repeated quite often. I think song 95 is one of them, somewhere around there or 60 something. It's like they have a while song book of over 100 songs and all I hear are the same ones.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Damn it Beavis, I thought I was the only one miming!!!

So many of the songs lyrics are propagating the "twisted things" in the Org's doctrines - waken up brothers!

• bigmac
    bigmac

yep--this is exactly how i was--standing up straight in the prayers--eyes open--not saying amen.

not singing--not even pretending to. mouth clamped shut. i hated attending towards the end--before i quit.

only difference--?--this was 43 years ago.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting. I was forced into the borg as a kid, and I did this same thing on my own. I was forced, at the pain of corporal punishment, to fully participate. Moving my lips was a way to avoid punishment and avoid full participation.

I think another good step would be to donate fake money in the contribution box.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Great advice. I no longer sing at the meetings, but it is fun to make up my own lyrics to the songs. Usually along the lines of threads I have read here. I also like to keep an open eye during prayers, just for the fun of it. And timing the prayers to see how long they run as the entire meetings agenda is repeated, counting the number of times the pray-er incants the name Jehovah or the term Father, or mentions "slave" or GB helps pass the time. Or the number of and-uh's, umm's, and so forth.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Damn it Beavis, I thought I was the only one miming!!!

So many of the songs lyrics are propagating the "twisted things" in the Org's doctrines - waken up brothers!

Yes, I agree. Actually, the songs give great material for studying up on. I also have noted that while these are supposed to be praises to Jehovah, many are directed at other Witnesses and what we're supposed to do and not to God. It's the equivelant of singing praises to ourselves.

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

So so true

• cofty
    cofty

Reminded me of this picture...

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Great points...and I did the exact opposite today...does that mean I suffer from some level of Stockholm syndrome? )

I told my teen son before the meeting, he better act like he is paying attention or should expect his dad to not allow him play in a tournament this afternoon (normally, he is slouched down falling asleep). During the songs he barely parts his lips, but today he was the loudest on our row. He had a goffy smile on his face, so I joined him. We both had a good laugh because he knew, I knew, what he was up to. I joined in because, I haven't - made a comment in over a year, been in field service in at least 6 months- gotten to a meeting on time in ages - so we are always having to sit in the 2md school...so the least I could do to keep up appearances for my husband is to sing. I honestly don't even remember what the closing song was about.

I'll have to try lip syncing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit