A suggestion for Fading Dubs. STOP SINGING!!!

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Whether or not you realize it [ many of you do ], words have power. Think of the power of the human voice. Think of a beautiful song, or a symphony. Think of being at a concert, the bass hits you, if feels fantastic! Ever go clubbing?? The music can really energize you! You don't need any drugs to feel alive! Words and music/sound is extremely powerful. It can also be harmful.

Have you ever had someone hurt you with words? It can be the worst. Just a slightly different inflection can turn a "compliment" into an insult. We call those back-handed compliments. A master can really degrade you with words. Well, the WTBTS are masters at word-play. We all know it. Still, there is more.

The latest changes in their songbook took the Organizations music from inspiring, [ come on, we all liked the older songs before we knew TTATT] to dismal soul-sucking dirges. Seriously, they suck the life out of you...literally. Music is very powerful. Sound is energy in another form. You can use one form of energy to make sound, and you can convert ambient sound to energy. Not to sound new age, but sound in a vibrating energy source that affects all human beings. If it did not affect you, then music would not alter your moods. A happy song would not make you feel better unless sound had power.

I have found that if you must attend the meetings, then DO NOT SING. I know it sounds strange, but it has really been helping me. If you are like me, you can barely sing the words. Your mind is numbed while you try. It's a very heavy feeling. Well, that's because cults use music to prepare your mind for brainwashing. Ever notice how the WTBTS coordinates all their songs with the given indoctrination of the week? If it's a WT Lesson about the GB, then you sing songs extolling the Great 8!! Er, ummm, the Magnificent 7.. sorry Guy.. Hey, that's how it is! It's all coordinated and planned because the music soften up your brain. It get's the ol' subconscious ready for a good raping.

Here is what I have been doing. The Music is so sh***y and the singing is so bad that I just mouth the words. Nobody knows the difference. Just like I don't really say "AMEN", I don't really sing. When your own body isn't vibrating at the horrible JW frequency, you just feel better. The meetings are far less painful. If you practice, you can mouth the words and think about whatever you want! You can think about Golf, boobies, punching an Elder, whatever, your grocery list. Your mind will be spared from that aspect of the brainwashing because you are not purposely attempting to join the cacophony of doom, and your body is not vibrating at the same zombie-like frequency. I know it sounds weird, but try it! Seriously, just open your mouth and make the shapes, just don't make any noise. Nobody will know and you will be doing yourself a huge favor!!

Power to the people!!!

DD

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

we always here about how the "spiritually weak" start with reducing comments, then reducing service, then missing meetings, then coming off the school, etc etc,

but really, i think the first thing that goes is the singing. I always look to see who isnt singing and who keeps their eyes open during the prayer.... I always wonder if the non-singers & prayer-eye-openers are fellow freeminds

• prologos
    prologos

even mouthing can be harmful. tricking your brain into thinking information is coming/going. I like humming the few good harmonious MELODIES, even giving a rythmic movement, like a parody dance.

I think the leaders smirk at the R&F submitting and sincerely chiming in. working at the "softening up" for their self- indoctrination.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I haven't sung for months.

its easy when busy at the back counter every time.....

i also notice about three regular people who are prayer eye openers! They don't see me looking from the back of the hall!

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Oh my.. I thought I was the only one doing this.

It just came naturally to me when I learned more about TTATT.

Singing requires a conscious effort and my body would sort of shut down, letting me just stand, stare blankly at the lyrics, and sometimes mouth out the words for pretense. Lately I found myself not saying amen at the end of each prayer. Sometimes a brother leads a prayer with a general tone and I just imagine I am praying to the God I prayed to when I was a child, not the god of the JWs.

@wallsofjericho: I guess you perfectly described the stages of "spiritual weakness".. I think the uberdubs have already singled me out by this time.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Wow great post D-Dog, sound is very powerful vibration being an intricate part of this universe. I am seriously going to do this from now on as I noticed it allowed me to stay much more stable throughout the meeting using my critical thinking faculties.

I started reading a book on sound medicine it is amazing how much you can do with the human voice. But of course power can be abused and rhythm is linked with memory driving those Jehovah songs deep into ones sub-conscious. Side note, if one replaces the word “prophecy” with “property” doesn’t song 31 make a lot more sense. Something I noticed today.

Likewise I quit saying amen except for when I have to say the prayer, now I use amen (ah-men) pronunciation as in Amen Ra. May as well pronounce it more properly, if not to just shake them up a bit, doubt they’ll notice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhKGPslPwwA#aid=Py6ePuAmcAA

Actually, as no one there is doing lip reading, unless you’re in sign language, I am going to start silently chanting some anti-cult song, for at least my own sanity, I don’t know if it will help the others.

Amandla Awethu,

WIT?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Maybe that is why I was never controlled!

I aways thought just telling people when to stand and when to sit is all part of controlling the crowd!

Everyone becomes one and part of the in group without realizing it! Notice the smiles!

Remain in your seat! Blame it on your back! It is all about obedience. :-) But just be aware the in group looks for similarities and not the differences.

They notice small changes.

One needs to stand up for the songs! :-) Good post!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Here are a couple of alternative ideas re: "Amen" and the singing of WT anthems.

1. Amen. Substitute it with "Gay men". Jack up your volume commensurate with the occasion and the audience. Have fun!

2. Singing. I decided to try singing with my best Elvis impersonation regardless of the song. And, just like "gay men" above, I would adjust my volume depending on who was around.

Hey, it helped pass the time.

None of us attend anymore and I'll probably be the only one attending the Memorial this year.

om

• prologos
    prologos

so to do it right, there will be a scramble for the seats in the back with the disfellowshipped sufferers. at lest we are not with the modern-day- pharsees that love the first seats in the synagogeKH.

Yes, the universe is good vibrations from the word GO.

about KD songs: Iremember the hollow sound Nazi songs would make once the show was overin 1945. history will repeat itself ., may be the new TRISTE songs are a preparation for that. GB saying: with us SURE to go, dont you lower believers get your hopes up.

• jw07
    jw07

Funnily enough I have been singing TTATT along to the melodies :-)

I started out just mouthing along about a year ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit