Rumor about the Imitate Jesus Convention

by FusionTheism 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

"New light", at least new light of any substance, is never revealed at conventions or assemblies.

It is always "sneaked in" in a "[Made-up] Questions from Readers" or disseminated in the October AGM.

• Marvin Shilmer
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    We'll have to wait and see but I would not expect anything big. Back in March of 2014, there were two studies in the WT that addressed something to that much. While it did not immediately said that shunning is out the window, it did mention how we should not be quick to judge those who "seemed to have apostate tendencies" or quick to judge our brothers by their choice of fashion. If anything, they will clarify that we should only shun those who have been officially been announced as DFd.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

StarTrekAngel

do you have a reference to thay particular article? Just because I don't remember anything like that.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Sorry, it was not March, it was July. July 15, 2014 WT study edition. The first two articles on that publication. Among the things you read, there is also a picture that caught my attention. I am not sure if they just missed that during proof. See the picture bellow. In real life WT, arguing with someone with "apostate tendencies or attitudes" would never be allowed to challenge an elder. Much less do so in front of the whole congregation.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    This would be the best thing to ever happen. The religion would die out fast.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

"apostate tendencies". Wow!

The expression serves no purpose other than to add to reasons why a well-meaning and honest JW is ignored by his or her fellows.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

They are so f@$%ing stupid! "Apostate Tendencies"??? MotherF%$ers.

I was born into this crap, but people that listen at the door study and become witnesses is because of their "apostate tendencies" in the first place, I mean seriously, idiots.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

They will probably follow the theme-“Imitate Jesus

And ask the question; Did Jesus Shun People?

(Matthew 7:23) . . .And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness. . .

Should we shun our relatives?

(Luke 14:26) . . .“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple.

So let’s imitate Jesus!!!

• steve2
    steve2

"Apostate tendencies":

A condition in which the individual feels morally obliged to 'examine all things' and who musters the courage to face his/her doubts over the changing views of men in authority who threaten loss of family, friends, and good standing for any individual who does not unquestioningly comply with organizational rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit