Rumor about the Imitate Jesus Convention

by FusionTheism 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

New Light and Clarified Understandings on the Disfellowshipping/Disassociation practices.

I was reading through the thread and everybody seems to think if this new light comes it will be positive in that they will weaken the stance on Disfellowshipping/Disassociation. Well how about them tightening it up even further, by including faders. They could have some arbitrary limit for being inactive, and after lets say 6 months these persons will automatically be disassociated. This would be more like the bOrg.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Follow Jesus, not the Pharisees ", WTF?!?!?!?! The GB are the modern day Pharisees!!! 😡

That symposium will have as much weight as the " Criteria of Truth " presented at the " God's Word Is Truth " DC a couple of years ago. The WTBTS will be condemning themselves with every word they speak!

Let's make a prediction now, shall we?

Imitate Jesus = Slave for Jeehoober = Obey the FDS = Being humble like Jesus

Tossed in amongst the brow beating will be some token mention of mercy. Like this: " Why can it be said that the disfellowshipping arrangement from Jehovah is merciful? How does Jesus view those who disregard theocratic order?"

None of the brainwashed dubs will notice. Expect more head-bobbing than a Jenna Jameson film, followed by a mad rush for the contribution boxes.

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rumor about the Imitate Jesus Convention..

Imitating Jesus has always been a Rumor in WatchTower Land..

WBT$ Conventions are about Money..

WBT$ Reps will Publicly Ask for Money from the Stage..

................WE NEED MORE MONEY!..

.......Image result for Jehovahs witness assembly

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Abolish shunning? It's never going to happen - especially not at the convention agape-fest!

"The little one would become a thousand" - exiting the Org!

The G.B. will now save all mega-announcements for the Annual Meeting in October.

They are not going to allow any two-bit Bethel speakers/C.O.'s/Elders to steal the limelight and the glory from the F.D.S.!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I've always thought either this cult lightens up on shunning and all the other rules or it will implode. All the other Christian churches have had to lighten up to survive. Nobody is getting burnt at the stake anymore. Read history, the Spanish Inquisition, whether you expect it or not , is no more.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Key word: RUMOR

Changes in the shunning policy will only result if there is sufficient backlash from Caesar's Governments over it being considered a "Hate Crime", and even in that case, the "changes" will only be what is stated in official public statements. The reality will be just as it is on the change that voting is a matter of conscience (but then you're DAd for lack of neutrality in your actions which indicate YOU have made the choice to "no loner be one of JWs".

Doc

• cofty
    cofty
    If they did relax about shunning and my parents think they can start talking to me again after 20 years of ignoring me they have another thought coming.
  • FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

The Society may view it this way:

If the number one complaint and cause of apostasy to begin with is the shunning practices, why not remove more of the shunning practices, thus (in their minds) removing the main source that's causing people to be upset with the Society?

If they do stop the shunning of family members, why would "apostates" even try to get their family members to leave the Organization anymore, if it makes them happy?

After all, every church asks for money and has its own issues.

The blood issue would be the only major thing remaining that separates them from the other churches.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The last time I heard a CO speak about DF'ing it was the " Needs of the Circuit " talk. He said, " Many are associating with DF'd relatives! If you do that...YOU will be disfellowshipped too!!"

1) He's an ass.

2) He contradicts the "Shepherd" book ( which Elders have said is equal to the bible ) which only speaks of unnecessary association with DF'd non-relatives.

3) The GB are either totally devoid of Holy Spirit because they approve of the speeches given, meaning they are NOT spirit directed. Or they are totally aware of what is going on and are cult leaders, or they are being manipulated as well and must obey their handlers.

4) Let's review: It's a Neo-Zionist/Adventist/Communist Frigging Watchtarded Cult!!!

DD😇

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    I think they might want to bank (pun intended) on the fact that many who have left are somewhat smarter and better paid than the ones still in. So yes, it's about the money if they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit