My Experience Today with My Brother

by Reborn2002 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Well, my brother and his wife came over to my parent's house to visit today while I was home.

To make a long story short, while my brother and his wife were chatting with my mother in the living room, my 1 and a half year old nephew Reilly walked into the kitchen where I was making a caesar salad.

He walked over towards me and was smiling, how can any normal adult resist the innocent smile of a child who is your relative? I picked him up and gave him a huge hug, and told him I loved him.

As I was holding my nephew in my arms, my brother walked into the room. He was smack dab in the middle of an in-depth conversation about Jehovah with my mother and his wife, and I admit I was rolling my eyes listening to him spew about the "Truth" and "the only means for salvation in the last days of this wicked system" even though when I confronted him with info on the UN, blood, Russell gravesite, rape changes, exclusivity, etc, he had no response for me because he was dumbfounded and lost for words.

Nevertheless, it seemed as though he was waiting for me to even glance at my nephew and was eavesdropping in the kitchen for me to display any type of affection for my nephew. So much for loving Christians eh?

When he walked in and saw me holding my nephew, my brother looked me dead in the eyes and said:

"I dont allow my son to associate with wicked people. Because you have turned your back on Jehovah's Organization you are an Apostate. I will not allow my son to be influenced by your false snares and ideas. Put him down, and dont plan on picking him up again."

It almost sounded like he planned that out. Like he had been programmed or waiting to say it.

My heart sank in my chest, and it took every ounce of strength and decency I possess to not do something terribly violent to him.. but I thought about my nephew and did not want to give my brother justification in proclaiming that I am wicked by literally kicking his ass all over the kitchen floor.

I calmly sat my nephew down, looked my brother in the face for what was only about 30 seconds but seemed like an eternity, bit my tongue really hard from saying something harsh, and walked out.

He is beyond warped. Jehovah's Witnesses are beyond warped. For a long time my heart ached at the loss of family and his naivety.. and subsequently I wanted to help him.

Now I see he is beyond redemption.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Imbue
    Imbue

Jason..I'm so sorry. Try to remember he can't help that he has been programmed to believe these things. You did the right thing by not retaliating.It was very decent of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• seedy3
    seedy3

I'm really sorry to hear this about your brother. The JW's speak of love, but seem to never show it, Imean even Jesus is said to have shown love to those of his enimies, where is these peoples love?

I know that not all JW's treat family like this, but it seems to be more common then not.

Shameful

Seedy

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

I am so sorry. No matter how long we're out, it doesn't really hurt any less does it? You were the better man by holding your cool, you nephew will catch on to that soon enough.

Connie

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((((reborn)))))))))

Ouch, that was just plain mean and nasty of your brother. You did the right thing though, I can understand how hard it is to bite your tongue in those situations.

Hang in there.

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

Reborn,
    Do not give up hope. I had a brother just like him and quess what? Never in a million years did I think I'd see the day, but he walked away from the org. It can happen. But I know the crushing feeling of being looked at as some disgusting piece of you know what. My thoughts are with you.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

As Jesus said, By their deeds you will know them.

The Pope

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Reborn,
    Perhaps he feels it is the only control he has left over you. Sometimes it's just that sicko!
    wishing you the best,
    Randy

• cellomould
    cellomould

Reborn,

Sounds like that really hurt. I'm sorry about your experience.

'Apostate' is just a biting word. It really means nothing; it's an emotional trigger.

It's so strong that it hit me one day far after I attended my last meeting that 'Apostates' didn't self-appoint. They are labeled.

As much as it hurts to be labeled, you know that it's hogwash. You are being labeled by a drooling drone.

cellomould

"You're crying 'why am I the victim?' when the culprit is YOU" Stevie Wonder

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

You have more patience and restraint than I have (thank God, because of your Nephew). Life has it's own way with 'what goes around, comes around' and I'm sure that incident (as well as other things) are going to come back to haunt him. You took the high road...it speaks well for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit