What do you think attracts new ones to the JW organization now?

by cultBgone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Newcomers are "love-bombed" so that the newbie (often one who found it hard to fit in socially outside) thinks that it is great !

They have so much to learn, and it is so exciting...."It is like having God's battle plan for the end of The World" enthused one unbaptized publisher, to me once

There is a structure, an orderly routine of meetings and service to keep busy . Better than "Darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there " like Father Mckenzie in The Beatles "Eleonor Rigby"

Mainly they are bamboozled into thinking that this really is The Truth,that these people really do know all the answers . They do not have the knowledge, experience or critical thing skills to see it for what it is - so they lap it up..hook ,line and sinker.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think it's the lovebombing first and foremost. I also think that people are attracted to the seeming uniqueness of the religion. They buy into the idea that it is somehow different than other religions, and that they are somehow part of an exclusive club.

• factfinder
    factfinder

BluesBrother and keyser soze-

I agree with you both.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cultBgone - "What do you think attracts new ones to the JW organization now?"

Not much these days.

Why else do you think any real growth is in the Third World?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit